U2 tailcap issues?

phil000

Newly Enlightened
Did anyone have an issue with their Eastward YJ tailcap? I can't even undo the ring to do some investigating. It just seems that the switch is in the wrong position and the flashlight will be ok rarely, and turn on and stay on then if I move it, it will go off, and stay off...

Sigh.

Any ideas?:sigh:

Thanks,
Phil

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I haven't had a problem with mine. Have you tried taking apart the tailcap and cleaning all the contacts or is the tailcap stuck and you are unable to open the tailcap.

phil000

Newly Enlightened
I haven't had a problem with mine. Have you tried taking apart the tailcap and cleaning all the contacts or is the tailcap stuck and you are unable to open the tailcap.

I've tried taking the tailcap apart, but no dice, it feels like it's glued.

Also, it doesn't make the 2nd click when you click it, ya know? So, maybe that helps? Thanks for your response I appreciate it. I would gladly appreciate anything else you can help me with.
Phil

bspofford

Enlightened
It seems that both the Eastward lights offered on DX have new emitters and tailcap switches. The CREE emitters are less bright and have a green tint, and the switch is less reliable. I have recommended the YJ-18WA and YJ18WF in the past, but they are no longer the outstanding products that they used to be. You're lucky if you have the second runs of either light. If you were considering either of these, you might try the WF-400 (18650) or the KU2 (18650) with a Q2 emitter.