MJ with lithiums: Definative answer?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wel I've been looking around trying to find a definative answer. It seems some people have great luck running lithium primaries in their 2AA MJLED minimag while some have horrible results and cause irreverible strobing with the same setup.

I've read that the MJLED takes between 2.8 and 3.2 volts to run properly which would raise the question: Why would 1.5v lithium primaries cause a problem?

As an aside, does anybody know how to tell which version of the MJ/SMJ/SMJ2 my arcmania is? I picked it up from the sandwich shoppe (I think, may have been lighthound) back in Jan or Feb 2007 and didn't know enough then to pay attention to what version :poke:

Last edited:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read that the MJLED takes between 2.8 and 3.2 volts to run properly which would raise the question: Why would 1.5v lithium primaries cause a problem?
All of the AA and AAA lithium primaries (Energizer and Battery Station) I've used have measured 1.7-1.8v. Maybe the MJLED is just that sensitive to being overdriven?

I've run the MiniMag drop-in on a pair of lithium primaries without issue, but I don't recall letting it run for longer than 20-30 seconds at a time.