Stinger XT HP vs. P60/P61

jimbob

Newly Enlightened
I've just recently been thinking about buying a few lights. I used to love any light related products and now this forum has rekindled my interest in portable lighting.

First purchase would be an E2E-HA with KL1. There doesn't seem to be a light that can replace this purchase. The Pelican M6 seems nice, and I may get that too, but afaik, doesn't match the quality of the SF products.

My other purchase would be a rechargable light. This is where my question lies. Does anyone have experience with the Stinger and Stinger HP compared to the P60 and P61 in terms of throw and light output? The rechargeable light isn't a replacement for any P60/P61 light, but rather, I'm just interested in knowing if rechargeable lights have the light output and throw to compare with similarly sized products in lithium applications.

I'll probably move on to largers lights later, such as the Tigerlight, UltraStinger and M6, but right now, my first purchase will be relatively small lights.

This is a great board with great people. I'm happy to have found a place with people as interested at lights as I. Thanks for everyone's help.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interestingly the only rechargeable that seems to have the level of brightness and quality of light are coming out of China.

The Pila/Wolf Eyes line of flashlights using Lithium Ion battery's seem to be about as bright as a rechargeable gets.

Since Surefire is having big problems with Nicads I purchased one of these imports for duty use, the quality and throw of the light is really incredible.
try this link
www.wolf-eyes.com