discrepancies in dimensions of Inova T1's

Saiga

Enlightened
i'm hunting for a single 123 EDC and am kinda sold on the inova T1. i had been looking at the 35 lumen/$35 light at battery junction, but then had been pointed towards the newer 85 lumen 2007 T-1 that uses TWO batteries. the thing is, batteryjunctions' site says the older single T1 is 4.59 inches long, yet the inova site says the new version, with an extra battery, is only 4.56 inches long,essentially identical in length. i am mostly interested in the single 123 light for compactness, but if they're virtually identical, obviously the new version is the way to go, but this doesn't make alot of sense, does it? does anyone know if the older one-battery light is actually the same lenth as the two battery version?

Delta

Enlightened
i'm hunting for a single 123 EDC and am kinda sold on the inova T1. i had been looking at the 35 lumen/$35 light at battery junction, but then had been pointed towards the newer 85 lumen 2007 T-1 that uses TWO batteries. the thing is, batteryjunctions' site says the older single T1 is 4.59 inches long, yet the inova site says the new version, with an extra battery, is only 4.56 inches long,essentially identical in length. i am mostly interested in the single 123 light for compactness, but if they're virtually identical, obviously the new version is the way to go, but this doesn't make alot of sense, does it? does anyone know if the older one-battery light is actually the same lenth as the two battery version?

Because the new version does not have the TIROS lens system, which ate up a lot of the interior length. With just a standard reflector, that extra space is used for the 2nd battery.

Latest posts