Is Pelican M6 an OEM??

muggsuxx

Newly Enlightened
There was this dominant opinion in Japan which claims Pelican M6 being an OEM of Mil-Tech S-100 (newer version). I tried to find an image, but only to find the one with grooves, which they say is the old version. Where can I find more about the Mil-Tech lights?

jimbob

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't be suprised if it were an OEM of a Mil-Tech. Just like most brands, they'll buy and brand products as their own if a manufacturer comes up to them and present them with a product good enough to meet their standards.

Here's a link to some Mil-Tech product simliar to the M6.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/sekinohamonoya/442749/448809/461288/461307/

If anyone can translate that accurately, please let us all know.

FNG

Enlightened
mil-tech.jpg

B@rt

Flashaholic
jimbob, you can use Babelfish for translations. It isn't pretty English /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif, but you can get the basic meaning... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
[ QUOTE ]
* Total length: 144mm
* Diameter of head part: 32mm
* Diameter of body: 25.4mm
* Weight: 165 g (the electric battery it includes)
* Output: 65 lumen
* Switch ON/OFF function, lock type switch attaching.
* Daily life waterproofing functional attaching.
* The body, it starts shaving 6061t6 air * craft * aluminum nium, being something which was processed, it does.
* The Black (black the) * Silver (the silver the) * Blue (blue the) * Green (green the) * Red (red) it is colored in アナダイズド process. (Please choose favorite color.)
* CR123A 3v lithium electric battery 2 attaching.
* Under fixed conditions, fresh using the light bulb, 70 - 90 minutes, it is continual illumination possible.
* Life of the light bulb, under fixed conditions, is approximately 18 hours. (From this corporation test result)
* When the part under the steering wheel is turned, the light/write comes, the point, also it is possible to make the light/write light up with the switch of the part of the rear end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hope this helps,

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Is Mil-Tech an established brandname? I saw them in a camping store a while back, they just looked like Surefire knock-offs to me.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks pretty similar to me, but I lack an M6 to compare it too. Any "expert" opinion form someone who has already received their M6?

-Mike