Surprised Surefire owner

KingGlamis

Banned
So we were out camping last weekend. Our campsite has a cell tower nearby. I was just having fun lighting up the top of the tower with my aspheric Mag 4D when a friend of mine, who I recently met, walks up and says, "That's pretty impressive, but mine fits in my pocket. Check this out." He proceeds to pull out a Surefire G2 Nitrolon and shines it at the tower. I was impressed. That's a decently bright little light. Not near the throw of my Mag, but a great flood and still decent throw. He had that look on his face like "Yeah, you just got owned by a pocket light." So I reply, "Well I have a light that fits in my pocket too, and it cost less than yours, want to try it?" He says sure and I pull out my SuperFire WF501D and hand it to him. He looks at it for a few seconds and then hits the tailcap switch. This was followed by words such as "HOLY S**T!" and "Oh my God that thing is bright!" He was pretty damn impressed.

And yes, I know, he has the cheapest Surefire you can buy, but mine was still cheaper and way, way, way brighter.

He has since vowed to come back with something brighter. I doubt he will win that one unless it is a light bigger than an EDC.

Supernam

Enlightened
HAHA.. Awesome!:twothumbs There was a time when my friend and his fellow Toyota MR-2 owners had a car enthusiast meet up. It was in a parking lot at night so a couple of them had flashlights to check out what the other cars had under their hoods. One guy had a multiple 5mm light, while the other guy had a brighter Inova Bolt 2AA. Let's just say I didn't even feel like the situation warranted the busting out of my Novatac 120T. lol