• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FM85 w/VLOP & Batteries **NOW $280**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groundhog66

Banned
Selling this one, I am just not a big flashlight kinda guy. The light is in MINT condition as received from Fivemega, 10 minutes of runtime. I am also including the AW batteries that came with it new. I can post pics tonight if necessary, but it looks the same as the one in his sale thread. Selling for $285 $280 SHIPPED

Read more about it here

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/161540

Tim

Last edited:

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selling this one, I am just not a big flashlight kinda guy. The light is in MINT condition as received from Fivemega, 10 minutes of runtime. I am also including the AW batteries that came with it new. I can post pics tonight if necessary, but it looks the same as the one in his sale thread. Selling for $285 $280 SHIPPED

Read more about it here

Tim

I will take it.
$280 Paypal sent.

Groundhog66

Banned
I would sell it to you, but as it turns out...it's defective. I am hoping the manufacturer will take it back, I have had to send parts of it back to him twice already but he is not being very responsive. I have never been known as one who would LIE about something being defective, but the manufacturer is basically saying that IS EXACTLY what I am doing. He has denied me a full refund, which is what I would assume any reputable dealer would do. No worries, I will take my losses and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

:popcorn:

Groundhog66

Banned
It is an awesome looking light, it just quit working properly. I forgot I even put it up for sale after I got it back the first time, then I had to send it back again. Oh well, these things happen sometimes.

:thumbsup:

Nebula

Enlightened
GH - I know I will regret sticking my nose in here but if the light is "defective" why not sell it back to the "manufacturer?" After all, he who built it, just bought it (according to the rules that is). I suppose that you have every right to refuse to sell, it is your light - defective or not.

That being that case, I am curious as to why would you represent the light to be in "MINT condition as received from Fivemega. . . ." Would you really sell a "defective" light, labled as "MINT" to another memeber? I will answer my own question. I don't think so. I DO think that you should attempt to work out your differences with FM "off-line" so to speak, and not present your light as something that it is not. When you do, you involve other members and their money. From my vantage point, yours is not a well played hand.

My post is not a slam. I do wish you the very best, and hope that your situation resolves soon.

Kirk K

I would sell it to you, but as it turns out...it's defective. I am hoping the manufacturer will take it back, I have had to send parts of it back to him twice already but he is not being very responsive. I have never been known as one who would LIE about something being defective, but the manufacturer is basically saying that IS EXACTLY what I am doing. He has denied me a full refund, which is what I would assume any reputable dealer would do. No worries, I will take my losses and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

:popcorn:

Groundhog66

Banned
GH - I know I will regret sticking my nose in here but if the light is "defective" why not sell it back to the "manufacturer?" After all, he who built it, just bought it (according to the rules that is). I suppose that you have every right to refuse to sell, it is your light - defective or not.

That being that case, I am curious as to why would you represent the light to be in "MINT condition as received from Fivemega. . . ." Would you really sell a "defective" light, labled as "MINT" to another memeber? I will answer my own question. I don't think so. I DO think that you should attempt to work out your differences with FM "off-line" so to speak, and not present your light as something that it is not. When you do, you involve other members and their money. From my vantage point, yours is not a well played hand.

My post is not a slam. I do wish you the very best, and hope that your situation resolves soon.

Kirk K

I have sent the light back to him twice, he says there is nothing wrong with it......I beg to differ. I have tried to work it out with him via PM, but he tells me there is nothing wrong with the light. I put the light up for sale after I got it back the first time, he told me it was just a battery problem and I believed him. I forgot it was still posted for sale after it started acting up again, that is MY fault. So I never misrepresented my light, nor have II EVER misrepresented ANYTHING. But I guess you are entitled to you opinion, and I guess you will never do business with me....oh well. If I need to post ALL the communications between fivemega and I, I will do so. Please DO NOT assume you know what is going on, because you don't. All I did was try and return a light that was not working properly, it's a shame when you have to get so defensive as a consumer......

Groundhog66

Banned
BTW, I will accept his offer of $280. But I will also never deal with again, $50 is a cheap price to pay for a lesson learned...:twothumbs

Nebula

Enlightened
GH - the thing is - I knew that you would not sell a defective light - at least not one that you know to be defective. You and Varooj have a difference of opinion on the nature/condition of the light. I understand. I don't need to know the facts to glean this little tidbit from the posts. However, some newbie out shopping for for a nice light might not read past the first post.

My suggestion is this - If you were aware of the facts, i.e., the malfunctioning light, Varooj's position on the matter, and of course your own feelings on the subject then perhaps you should have edited your first post in such a way to truely represent your goods.

BTW - No worries, I would be more than happy to purchase a light from you. Just as soon as one strikes my fancy I might just show you the money.

Take care

Kirk

Last edited:

Groundhog66

Banned
GH - the thing is - I knew that you would not sell a defective light - at least not one that you know to be defective. You and Varooj have a differecnce of opinion on the nature/condition of the light. I understand. I don't need to know the facts to glean this little tidbit from the posts. However, some newbie out shopping for for a nice light might not read past the first post.

My suggestion is this - If you were aware of the facts, i.e., the malfunctioning light, Varooj's position on the matter, and of cousre your own feelings on the subject then perhaps you should have edited your first post in such a way to truely represent your goods.

BTW - No worries, I would be more than happy to purchase a light from you. Just as soon as one strikes my fancy I might just show you the money.

Take care

Kirk

Like I previously stated, I FORGOT this light was posted in the B/S?T. After I received it back from fivemega the first time and was assured there were no problems, I put it up for sale. When it started acting up again I sent it back to him but forgot to pull it. ....MY BAD. Take what you want from this, but I wold NEVER try to get over on someone. If ANYONE else has a question or comment regarding this, PLEASE PM me so this can get laid to rest.

:candle:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
If ANYONE else has a question or comment regarding this, PLEASE PM me so this can get laid to rest.

I respect what you have said and am not disputing any of that, and am sorry for your unpleasant experience
....but for the sake of posterity in this thread, I want to separately register my positive dealings with FiveMega.

I have had just a few glitches with some of the many many FiveMega lights/items I have bought from him over the last couple years, but they all got resolved to my full satisfaction, and I regard him as one of the best sellers here at CPF.

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you dont mind my asking...what was wrong with the light...I have the same light and have not had any problems...

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast

Read more about it here

Tim

Please read date and statement from seller.
A while after receiving flashlight and only 10 minutes of use, he decided to sell here. After several bump and no takers, PM me for defective item.
I replace every possible item which may cause any problem. I even physicaly test the flashlight and batteries twice with perfect result. He still not satisfied and wants full refund for perfectly working item.
You post this item for sale, you set the price and I took it because I know flashlight is in perfect working condition. Which part is unfair?

Status
Not open for further replies.