GOLD and CHROME plated Fenix P1D-CE!

Nereus

Enlightened
After having modded my Fenix P1D CE for a couple of times (see this, this and this thread) I decided that it was time to pay also some attention on what it looks like. So, I disassemblied the flashlight and sent the case to Modamag via his exotic coating service GB. (Thanks, Modamag for organising the GB!)

And this is what a hard chrome coated Fenix P1D-CE looks like:

PA030218.jpg

A bit different angle:

PA030221.jpg

The business end:

PA030219.jpg

After some :thinking: I decided that this year my SO will get a very special Christmas present... :naughty: :sssh: I bought quickly another Fenix P1D-CE, disassemblied it and sent it to Modamag, too.

And this is what a 24 carat gold plated Fenix P1D-CE looks like:

PA030225.jpg

Again a bit different angle:

PA030223.jpg

...And the business end:

PA030227.jpg

Here you can see the two beauties side by side:

PA030229.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

-N

Bushman5

Enlightened
WOW!!! those are fine looking P1D's!

can you take a pic on a darker surface, say a piece of green felt? it will really highlight the chrome and gold.

how much was the chrome plating, and do you need to remove the reflector and lens, or does the plater do that?

KnOeFz

Enlightened
Wow... Normally I'm not so much a fan of gold items but I must admit this looks smoooooth... And the chrome is just plain awesome!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
That is beautiful, I'm guessing these lights won't be seeing any hard use.

I wonder what a diamond coated light would look like:thinking:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never thought I would see a gold Fenix.......and now I have. Are you getting those insured? :laughing:

WOW nice! :drool:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice - would be interested in cost of the gold plating. I knew a guy a few years ago who could plate about anything in gold and was reasonable. Of course gold has almost doubled in price since then....

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice Lights!!
This gives me another chance to show off my bling from modamag:party:
btw the gold plating was $45 on my millermods/seoul L1P. the chrome was $35 if i remember correctly.
100_7884.jpg

Last edited:

Nereus

Enlightened
Thanks, guys, for the positive feedback! :)

You can find the pricing info in the first post of this thread. And yes, I had to disassembly the flashlights completely - only the case and bezel were sent to Modamag.

Actually it makes very little sense to coat a flashlight with pure gold which is very soft... but it is very nice looking and I guess that none of the friends of my SO have a flashlight like that! :D And my SO is not a flashaholic so the golden Fenix should not see so heavy duty use.

Bushman5, thanks for the idea to photograph the flashlights on a dark surface. Have to see what kind of background material I'll find... :grin2:

-N