distinguishing MillerMods AAA from ARC-P DS

Ozniot

Newly Enlightened
Ok, so I'm in for both. I figure Peter's new ACR-P DS with 9 lumens is perfect for long runtime on ordinary alkalines. The MillerMods CREE will be my "wow 'em" light on lithium primaries. However, I don't want two identical looking lights with the same low beam. Before Erik gets into production, I need to arrange my order so that the low on my MillerMods is either ultra low (like 3 lumens) or noticably brighter than the ACR-P DS (like 20 lumens). Back at the beginning of the MillerMod AAA thread Erik supplied estimated outputs with then-availiable bins, but production bins will be higher, so these earlier estimates aren't much help. Anybody else thinking about this? SURE IS A GOOD TIME FOR AAA LIGHTS!

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You could also buy the Fenix L0D-CE as a wow light. Reports say 120 lumen out the front with a 10440 3.7v battery but runtime is very short, 10 minutes. But quality is also not ARC quality.

xoltri

Newly Enlightened
You could also buy the Fenix L0D-CE as a wow light. Reports say 120 lumen out the front with a 10440 3.7v battery but runtime is very short, 10 minutes. But quality is also not ARC quality.

Wow, only 10 minutes? I wonder what my LF2 SSC P4 will get with that battery. I'm waiting for them in the mail.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The LF2 runs dimmer then the L0D-CE mon 10440 batteries. The L0D-CE is direct drive on a 10440 battery while the LF2 would be regulated.

Check the reviews section, I think there were runtimes of the LF2 with both AA and 10440 batteries.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The runtime was more like 15minutes on high to prevent over discharge, runtime is longer on other modes.

But that is still a short runtime.

Ozniot

Newly Enlightened
The reason I'm going with another ARC rather than the LOD or similiar for a "wow" AAA light is so my wife won't accuse me of buying yet another light (just hoping she doesn't discover the two together).