Leaving pictures in quoted posts.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I can never understand why people feel the need to leave pictures in a quoted post, you often find the same pictures 4 or 5 times on the one page.
If you going to quote a post, quote as much as you need so as the reader knows which post your referring to but delete the pictures and any excess text. I think a lot of people are too lazy to edit before they post.
Norm

cy

Flashaholic
ya.. I always delete the image links. no use having multiple copies of same pictures to load in same thread.

Scott Packard

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the don't know how.

I didn't realize vBulletin puts the previous people's responses way down on the bottom of the page when I type in my response until I created this response. It seems bad form to me to put the replies on the bottom, but whatever.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least 'qoute message in reply' isn't automatic. Then this forum would be really out of hand. Yahoo forums are tough to keep interest in for this reason.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Hi Scott, when you click the quote button the text and any pictures are right there in the box where you type your reply, you are able to edit anything the box including pictures, just click on the picture and hit delete, the same with text highlight whatever text you feel is unnecessary and hit delete. :twothumbs If you want your post to appear before the quote click to the left of the quote an start your post, the same as I've done here.
Norm
+1 on the don't know how.

I didn't realize vBulletin puts the previous people's responses way down on the bottom of the page when I can even add text to your quoted post I type in my response until I created this response. It seems bad form to me to put the replies on the bottom, but whatever.

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes the quote with pictures are a page or two behind. Sometimes I have to go back and find the picture to see what the reply is talking about.

That is why I leave the picture in it.

Supernam

Enlightened
Also annoying is when someone quotes the person directly above them. Even more annoying is when someone quotes the person's pictures that are right above them!

Norm

Retired Administrator
Also annoying is when someone quotes the person directly above them. Even more annoying is when someone quotes the person's pictures that are right above them!

How can you be sure that by the time you post there won't be 2 or 3 other post posted ahead of yours?
:crackup::crackup::crackup: the dial up users whining again :naughty:
I'm not a dialup user, and I'm fairly sure it wouldn't make that much difference, surely once a picture has been loaded it wouldn't be loaded again?

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've done that without quoting the post or the picture. Then to have somebody post while you are replying. When that happens sometimes your post doesn't make any sense.

legtu

Enlightened
:crackup::crackup::crackup: the dial up users whining again :naughty:

not really since images that has already been downloaded and is already in the memory/hard drive cache doesn't get downloaded again...

what's really annoying is having to going through a long quoted post, images included, only to find a short one liner reply or something like 'great post!'/'interesting info'/etc... :mecry:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find this annoying as well when its just a general mindless quote, and not pointing out something specific about the picture. When someone posts a generous bounty of beamshots or a great review andsomeone quotes the entire post to reply... ugh! Especially annoying when browsing CPF on a gameboy or cellphone.