Fenix / Wolf Eyes / Tiablo / 180 versus 190 versus 250 lumen

lightfire

Newly Enlightened
My impressions of these lights: Fenix P1D CE Q5, Wolf Eyes 6MHX Cree Q2 Explorer, and the Tiablo A9S Q5 which are rated 180 lumen, 190 lumen and 250 lumen respectively. I have not compared any run times.

First off, for some one looking for a new flashlight, please be aware that lumens ratings are only a small part of the story. My advice is to NOT purchase a flashlight based solely on manufacturer lumen rating. The driver and reflector design as well as reflector size contributes much to the flashlight's brightness.

Here are my impressions of these lights:

Fenix P1D CE Premium Q5
What a great small light. Who would have thought that such a small light could be so bright! Well made. The ONLY thing I do not like about it is the twisty user interface. Not that it is bad, but a memory function would go a long way toward making this the PERFECT 123 light. Runs on one 123 cell only. It's beam isn't the quality of the other lights, but what would one expect of a light this small? I like this light!

Wolf Eyes 6MHX/Cree Q2 Explorer
This is, in my opinion, the best well made of these 3 lights. Built like a tank. It also has the most pleasing compromise of spill/throw with no visible distortion or ring. However, if you are looking for sheer throw, this isn't the light for you. But I like it and would suggest that it's beam would make an ideal walking light. A pressure switch is also available for this light. Uses 2 123 cells or an 18650 cell.

Tiablo A9S Q5
This is simply the most stunning light. Incredible throw. I can't imagine anyone purchasing this light and not being amazed when they first shine it out of doors. It appears to be very well made. But if you want an inside light, or a light with large spill, this isn't the light for you, even on low. It has a small VERY focused beam. Can't imagine why Tiablo designed this with a reverse clicky, the switch goes low first then high. I would rather have the opposite. I understand that a forward clicky is available that limits you to high mode. I love this light! Uses 2 123 cells or an 18650 cell.

The Tiablo is the brightest, the Wolf Eyes 2nd, and the Fenix 3rd.

My most used light? None of the above. I use a very old 3 led 3 AA small light as a "get up during the night without disturbing others" light the most. I also use this light for reading. I think I paid $10 or $15 for it.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arrrggh! I just placed an order for the Tiablo A9S Cree Q5. I was lusting after it and you pushed me over the edge! It was either that or a SF L1, and I already have a nice, small variable light in my Novatac. I can't WAIT for this retina burner to show up!