2 High end Flashlights that I never heard of!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
damn where've you been? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif they were being hotly reviewed and raved about a while ago, and they still are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love mine.I'm going to get 2 more and several accessories.

The M-90/GL4 just blasts pure white light

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
buddtx: well its never too late /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif the wolf eyes torches are some serious competition to surefire.

James Van Artsdalen

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
madecov said:
The M-90/GL4 just blasts pure white light

[/ QUOTE ]
What is a GL4?

I have a 6A and M90. Overall I think they are a good start but not as good as SF, especially considering the Wolf-Eyes high price. Previously the rechargeable Li-Ion looked pretty good but the recent CR123A price drop has changed the picture.

I was EDC'ing the 6A but am now back to the SF G2z w/P61 (and of course an ARC LS).

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
GL4 is the model from Pila that identical to M90. The price of CR123 isn't really bother me too much. As you know, when a light says its runtime will be 60 minutes, it means 30 min real bright and white, then 10 to 12 min dimmer and a bit yellower and then .. etc. I am not too comfortable to trash a set of 123 that only half depleted or to stand 6 series brightness at the size of 9 series light for half of the time.

Having rechargeable, I recharge it at the end of the day regardless 20 min or 40 minutes was used for the day and always have the light in brightest mode the next day;-)

Besides, I like its 9 series beam pattern more than SF's 9 series. I replace the P90 in my C3 with 9v lamp from pila. It's brighter and much whiter than P90 while P90 seems throw further but yellower.

Alan

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had mine out last nighgt on duty for the first time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Used it on a traffic stop. I think the person was in serious hurt. They had a lot of trouble trying to keep me in view /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Kirk

Enlightened
Without sounding too dumb, where did everybody get their Wolfeyes or Pilas? The Wolfeye website doesn't really say how to go about buying anything, and Pila's "Order" button doesn't work.
Thanks,
Kirk

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
madecov said:
Had mine out last nighgt on duty for the first time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What your colleage says? Any of them use Stinger or SF rechargeable?

Alan

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
My colleage is using a Stinger and an SL20. The M90 is brighter than the SL20 and makes the stinger look like a ZIPPO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif. I have been in contact with PILA and they are out of stock currently on the stuff I and my fellow Officers want to get. They have a basic order from me and will e mail when stock is available. PILA is also working on setting up Paypal or credit card ordering.

I also compared my M90 to the Ultrastinger. Seems to have the same throw distance but a way wider and whighter beam, the M90 gives a more diffuse light. Of course it is smaller and has a longer run time. The Ultrastinger has a more defined center and smaller surrounding area while the M90 at distance has a less defined "hot" spot and a much wider spill. The M90 has a better balance for a hand held and a rear tail switch (I have a clickie) while the Ultra does not and is "slower" into action.

I have not tried the M90 in a building clearance yet, it may be a bit too bright but it definatly is great product.