• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Hotwire Parts Package - Good Stuff!

litho123

Enlightened
12/06: Just one more looking for a good home!

Since the following items are not available en mass on the open market for purchase, and I'm looking to clear out a corner of the basement, I'm packaging these high demand items as a set. Each set of parts will be sold together as a set, not separately.

2D Set @ $175.00 consists of
- new tri-bored 2D M@glites with a HA-III finish by Fivemega
. . . . - tri-bored by Fivemega
. . . . - spring recessed into tailcap
. . . . - HA-III finish, nicely polished
- AWR's Hi-power LDO HotDriver (NOT for 100w applications)
. . . . - consists of AWR's LDO hotdriver
. . . . - Kiu's Hi-Temp Bi-Pin socket
. . . . - all mated/wired to the Mag switch
- assembled modamag 8AA-2D holder
- includes Priority Shipping (USA)

3D Set @ $195.00 consists of
- new tri-bored or quad-bored 3D M@glites with a HA-III finish by Fivemega
. . . . - tri-bored or quad-bored
. . . . - spring recessed into tailcap
. . . . - HA-III finish, nicely polished
- AWR's Hi-power LDO HotDriver (NOT for 100w applications)
. . . . - consists of AWR's LDO hotdriver
. . . . - Kiu's Hi-Temp Bi-Pin socket
. . . . - all mated/wired to the Mag switch
- assembled modamag 12AA-3D holder
- includes Priority Shipping (USA)

International folks, please add $8.00 for the extra shipping costs.

Additional Notes:
I'll post a pic shortly so you can see the coloration. It's very close to Surefire's HA-III green-ish coloring.

The quad-bored 3D's will accomodate more than just 4 AA nimh across. The light will also accomodate 2 18xxx cells side-by-side.

Please post an :takeit: in this thread along with the set #
Example:
I'll take the 2D tri-bored set #4 @ $175.00

If you need or want bulbs / reflectors / borofloat lens to go with it, just post it here as well and we'll get you taken care of.

Once I am ready to ship, I'll PM you for payment.
You can paypal at that time to

gregholz )at( aol >dot< com

2D tri-bored Set #1 @ $175.00 - LuxLuthor - shipped
2D tri-bored Set #2 @ $175.00 - plasmaman - shipped
2D tri-bored Set #3 @ $175.00 - Pyros - shipped
2D tri-bored Set #4 @ $175.00 - Sr.Gringo - shipped

3D tri-bored Set #1 @ $195.00 - SOLD - non-CPF
3D tri-bored Set #2 @ $195.00 - HANGMAN - shipped

3D quad-bored Set #1 @ $195.00 - LuxLuthor - shipped
3D quad-bored Set #2 @ $195.00 - HANGMAN -shipped
3D quad-bored Set #3 @ $195.00 - donn

Please post any questions you may have.
Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
You should put in the topic that these have new Hi-Power AWR Hotdrivers in them. That is the the step up from the Low-Power, but as you said not intended for above 50W (I don't think even his 100W intended Hot Drivers worked for that application anyway).

litho123

Enlightened
Hi Bill -

These are plain-jane externals ... no frilly fins, external grooves, gouges, decorative etching ...

Lux - you're right! These Hi-Power HotDrivers are from AWR's first batch of Hi-Power HD's. It seems the QC on these is of better quality than those HD's that were subsequently made & sold elsewhere. Again, these are not designed for 100w applications.

plasmaman - #2 2D is set aside for you.

Thanks!

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got couple of questions :

1/does the 8AA/2D holder loaded with AAs will fit into the tribored 2D body? I guess not but little confused since they are sold together :thinking:
2/is the 12AA/3D holder loaded withs AAs loose in the quad bored 3D? or does it have a good fit with no rattle?
3/same question than 2/ but about the recessed spring : was it done to work good with the batt holder?

Sorry for the many questions

Pyros

Newly Enlightened
:takeit:

I'll take the 2D tri-bored Set #3 @ $175.00. I'd also be interested in adding some bulbs/reflectors/lenses to my order. Just PM me whenever you're ready for payment to work out the details?

Thanks!

litho123

Enlightened
Got couple of questions :

1/does the 8AA/2D holder loaded with AAs will fit into the tribored 2D body? I guess not but little confused since they are sold together :thinking:
2/is the 12AA/3D holder loaded withs AAs loose in the quad bored 3D? or does it have a good fit with no rattle?
3/same question than 2/ but about the recessed spring : was it done to work good with the batt holder?

Sorry for the many questions

They're good questions!

1 - Yes, the 8AA holder loaded with 8 cells will easily fit in a tri-bore. I wouldn't offer it unless it fit and worked. The 2D tri-bore will also accomodate (3) 17mm cells across.

I have a few parallel 3x17500 holders (Fivemega made) if you or anyone else is intererested in adding them to the package.

2 - Yes, the 12AA holder loaded with 12 cells will easily fit in a tri-bore. Mine hasn't rattled in use. You can also use 3 of the 3x17500 holders with the 3D tri-bore as noted above.

3 - The recessed spring was done originally for the 3x17500 holders as each one was slightly longer than a standard D-cell. It will work just fine with the 12AA holder.

The very nice things about the tri-bored bodies is that they will work with either battery configuration - 4xAA or 3x17mm cells across.

The quad-bored will only accomodate 4xAA or 2x18mm cells across.

These bodies were designed to be versatile hosts for an assortment of battery options.

Pyros - I've got you down for #3. Thanks!

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
2D tri-bored Set #4 @ $175.00 –

I'll take it.

1 heavy orange peel reflectors
1 medium orange peel reflector
3 bi-pin WA01185 bulbs
6 phillips 5761
3 borofloat lens

My goal is to build either a 5761 or a 64430... LuxLuthor's battery packs sound pretty stellar. I'm new to the hotwire scene still learning so if you can recomend anything else I am all ears.:)

Sent paypal for the light....heading off for a few weeks of vacation....please hold the light until we figure out much I owe you for the rest of the stuff.

Last edited:

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
Greg,

Sent the paypal for the reflectors, and bulbs. Let me know when everything ships.

HANGMAN

Banned
:takeit:
3D quad-bored Set #2 @ $195.00 -
3D tri-bored Set #2 @ $195.00 -
AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT SUGGEST
THANKS -HANGMAN

litho123

Enlightened
Hi folks -

An update is long overdue...

Sr.Gringo - shipped
plasmaman - shipped
Pyros - packed and awaiting payment.

HANGMAN - incoming PM. With the HD pre-set @ 11.1v, and using 10 AA cells plus two dummy AA's, you can have the brightest 1185 for virtually the entire use before recharging. Using 12 cells and setting the HD to 12.5v, you can use the 1166 bulb for another great light with longer runtime.

It looks like just one is left.

SR.GRINGO

Enlightened
After talking with Greg I have decided to hold off on another package. Thanks for the first package!

Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited: