MorpheusT1's Dam Cham- ETCHED!!!

Osprey_Guy

Enlightened
Up until now I've refinished and nitre blued all the DC's that have come my way. But this time Benny aka MorpheusT1 and I decided that I would see what would happen if I etched his... It presented some challenges, not the least of which was having to protect all the threads from etching while the acid solution ate away at the rest of the metal (lots of nail polish).
wink.gif

While the final finish is not as "in your face" as my nitre blue finishes, I would consider this by any standard, to be quite handsome...just in a more subtle way. Plus it has a considerable advantage over the bluing...it'll pretty much last forever! (bluing will eventually begin to rub off if handled too much).

This was a bear to photograph...I kept getting a sort of matte/mottled texture that you don't see in real life. So you're gonna have to trust me when I say that it looks better "in the flesh"... I especially like the way the now-very-bright, silver-toned, nickel stripes twinkle as you move it around in the light.

First I stripped off all the existing color, and then sanded the body to an 800 grit finish.
BennysDC-PolishedPH.jpg

Here it is after a lot of work consisting of etching and polishing:
BennysDC-etchedPH1.jpg

BennysDC-etchedPH21955.jpg

I tried dialing up the contrast on this shot in a vain attempt to show just how seriously bright the nickel lines are now... no luck. Oh well....here goes anyway:
BennysDC-etchedgrey-MS-PH72.jpg

From here it goes out to Charlie (Mr Bulk) to have the "guts" reinstalled. I hope Benny will be happy.

Dennis Greenbaum
cool.gif

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pleased...

You gotta be kidding,that is about as beutiful as it can get.
:twothumbs

Just Beutiful :naughty:
Im glad we decided to go this route.
Thank you so much for doing this for me Dennis.

Now the long wait for its homecoming.

Benny

Last edited: