Surefire 9P vs Fenix P3D RB100, which one?

KingGlamis

Banned
I'm ready to buy a flashlight in this price range and am debating the Surefire 9P and the Fenix P3D RB100. Both claim 200 lumens max (the Surefire with optional lamp). Anyone know how they compare in "the real world?" The P3D absolutely kills in runtime, obviously, but what about brightness? Is Fenix exaggerating the 200 lumens a lot or is that light really that bright?

Are there other lights under $100 that compare to these?

Thanks for any input.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Fenix has less lumens then the 9P with the P91, but it is also smaller and brighter then the P90. Remember LEDs have worse color rendering then incandescents.

You might also want to consider the Olight T20 Q5(reviews say this throws further and has a thicker body then the P3D-Rebel 100), Tiablo A8 Q5, A9, ROP mod(600+lumen out the front with the high bulb) and probably quite a few others.

Surefire slightly under rates out-the-front lumens while Fenix states LED lumens.

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
I just read this thread, and thought it might help

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/176517

As far as I remember the Eo-9 lamp is not quite as bright as the P91. There was some debate over this, but It doesn't pull as much currrent as the P91.

I've been debating this, as well, and I think It all comes down to size. If you want a small carry torch you wont notice go with the fenix. If you have large pockets or loose fitting jeans then the 9P will fit.

Or you are going to have it in the car or jacket I'd be looking at something bigger like the Rop or above, but I like Max output most of the time.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read this thread, and thought it might help

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/176517

As far as I remember the Eo-9 lamp is not quite as bright as the P91. There was some debate over this, but It doesn't pull as much currrent as the P91.

I've been debating this, as well, and I think It all comes down to size. If you want a small carry torch you wont notice go with the fenix. If you have large pockets or loose fitting jeans then the 9P will fit.

Or you are going to have it in the car or jacket I'd be looking at something bigger like the Rop or above, but I like Max output most of the time.
The EO-9 throws better and is whiter than the P91. The P91 is all flood with slightly more overall output.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix P3D Rebel 100 which is rated at 200 EMITTER lumens puts out around 140-150 lumens out the front.

It's great if you want a small, light, versitle light. It won't eat up batteries like an incan, and you can run it with rechargable RCR123's.