Surefire 10x dominator

accr

Newly Enlightened
I just got my first surefire.......it's a dominator!!

I ordered it not before reading almost all the threads here at CPF, but I havent heard of anyone modding it so far ?

What about 3rd party batteries ? Only thing I'm worried is the 18min run on 500 lumens, I like to extend that somehow.

Anyone else with a dominator ?? :naughty:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got one. Modding it for better performance isn't going to be easy and I've not heard of any third party batteries available for it.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one too. No mods for it. No other batteries. You don't need either.

You can extend the 500 lumen runtime by getting an extra battery for it!

You'll like it.

iced_theater

Enlightened
I also own a Dominator, it's my primary work light. I use the 100 lumen bulb for most things and just use the 500 lumen bulb when I really want to see something.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the 100 lumen bulb is already impressive as it is.

There's something I've been wondering about, though. Maybe Size 15's or somebody will be able to clear things up for me. What I'm wondering is: if the MN31 is rated at 500 lumens (it is), then why would the 10x have a 500 lumen max output rating when, on high, it's actually using both the MN31 and the MN30/MN32 at the same time? Shouldn't it be rated at 560 or 600?

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast

There's something I've been wondering about, though. Maybe Size 15's or somebody will be able to clear things up for me. What I'm wondering is: if the MN31 is rated at 500 lumens (it is), then why would the 10x have a 500 lumen max output rating when, on high, it's actually using both the MN31 and the MN30/MN32 at the same time? Shouldn't it be rated at 560 or 600?

If I remember correctly, Surefire's site lists the 10X as 500+ lumens on high. That little "+" sign covers your point, albeit in a rather general and nebulous way.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
accr :welcome:

What a glorious model to start with, 10x dominator and its rechargeable too!!

Post some pictures of it!

vandraiss

Newly Enlightened
I too have a Dominator 10X. I also have 3 other flashlights that I consider to be high performance lights. A Surefire 9P (200 lumens), a Streamlight Ultra Stinger (75000 candlepower) and the new Microfire K3500R warrior (3500 lumens). In my opinion the only light I really need is the Dominator 10X. With the high and low power beams it really does everything I need a flashlight to do. Plus it's the only one with a run time over 1 hour (on the low power bulbs) and being rechargable it won't bankrupt you on batteries.

I'm sure you will be happy with your 10X.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic

Yeah well what SureFire's marketing department decides to make of the Engineering data befuddles me sometimes.

Anyway, I understand that the High Output beam (MN31) is about 450 lumens, the main beam (MN30) is about 60 lumens, and the high output main beam (MN32) is about 110 lumens.
So standard (MN30 & MN31) is over 500 lumens, and the high output combo (MN32 & MN31) is well over 500 lumens.
Note that these are SureFire's lumen ratings are not "peak" or "maximum" output - they are realistic output ratings based on the fact that the output decreases in a non-linear fashion as the battery pack is drained.

accr

Newly Enlightened
I'll for sure post some pic once I get a hold of my light... I'm still waiting for it to arrive, then there's the thanksgiving long weekend :ironic:. They better deliver it on Tuesday, I cant wait any longer.

This will be my 3rd "modern" flashlight I bought since I joined CPF; First two being the L2D CE & L1D CE. I had a Thor 15m too, but I returned it cos it was just too big.

How does the dominator compare with the thor 15m? If any of you happen to have both.

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I HAVE BOTH,You will love the Dominator!! Some people don't like the shape
but the performance kicks the s**t out most lights

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oct-2.jpg

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
What rechargeable batteries are inside the Dominator? Are these some sort of standard size? (so I could put better/newer batteries inside..)

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
w112457941.jpg

I like the 10X although it is a bit bulky and weird looking (adds to the attraction of being one of the only 2 lamp flashlights on the market or is it the only one with 2 bulbs?)

Daniel_sk - the 10X body is the actual battery. Surefire lists it as their B20 part/peiice.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you need a good back-up light! :D

Haha, my back-up lights are the Mag 2C ROP LE with hi-bulb, and two Tigerlights. Sadly I do not own an M6 anymore and do not plan on getting one anytime soon.

I never found any "satisfaction" from the other series. If you go do something do it big, lol. 10X or M6, the other M and rechargable lights just never made me lust after them.

PapikAldo

Newly Enlightened
I just got my first surefire.......it's a dominator!!

I ordered it not before reading almost all the threads here at CPF, but I havent heard of anyone modding it so far ?

What about 3rd party batteries ? Only thing I'm worried is the 18min run on 500 lumens, I like to extend that somehow.

Anyone else with a dominator ?? :naughty:

I'm planning to buy a SF 10X and your post is definitely an encouragement !!!
I own other Surefires and I'll buy an M6 CB next week, but now I really put the 10x on my list !!! And with two batteries ...
Can you post some beamshots at different ranges ???
Thanks