Olight T10

Khaytsus

Enlightened
If you've read the threads, why are you posting a new thread about the exact same thing? You mention some other knockoff light, but ask the same exact question the others have.

Since you seem to not grasp it, the Rebel 100 is fine at normal temperatures on Turbo. Do not run it in a hot environment or without some sort of heat sinking (ie: Holding it) on Turbo for extended periods.

:sigh:

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he's asking about the Olight T10 (see subject line) and not about Turbo mode on the Fenix. And Olight is not a knockoff light, it has gotten very respectable reviews on the forum.

Sorry I have not had any experience with the T10, I do have a T20 and I love it. It is very similar to my P3D.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The light(both of them) should not have a problem unless you are working in the middle of the desert in the sun.

The 10 minute thing is in case some dumb person leaves the light on in a well insulated area and burns or harms him/herself after trying to pick the light up.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been wondering about the Otlight T10 also. Looks like a decent light. Hopefully someone that has one and a positive attitude would care to enlighten us!

Dr.Glock27

Newly Enlightened
The reason why Im worried about the P2D is that it gets hot here in the Philippines. Temps go to 34'C and Im hoping to get more information as to the T10. I guess I'll just have to buy the light to find out.:shrug:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have the T10, but I just got the T15, which is similar, but runs on 1 AA battery. I am on a kick right now with single AA lights!!:naughty:. Even though I have not had much time to play with it, it is VERY nice and bright! Brighter than you would expect a single AA light to be. I also love the 5 brightness modes, although I could have done without the SOS and strobe. I also own an Olight T20 and I love that one also! You would not be dissappointed with one of these as I think they are very good quality flashlights!:thumbsup: Just my 2 cents!!

Mike

DigitalZen

Newly Enlightened
I had a new P1D CE that I used for several weeks. Then I got a T10 for my brother, but he liked the Fenix better so we swapped.

As far as I can tell, the Olight is comparable to the Fenix in every way. I actually like it better for two reasons: the low setting is 7 lumens v. 12 for the Fenix, and it remembers the last setting, whereas the P1D reverts. I can see advantages to both, I just like the memory better because I use the light on low a lot to preserve some night vision.

Downside: I liked the adjustment system better on the Fenix. The Olight is reversed, and less convenient in my opinion.

Note: the bloody bezel and reflector housing will get HOT if not exposed to plenty of air on level 1, but the output seems to hold up so I'd say the heat sinking is doing the job.

Either is an excellent choice. The operating system is more important than the manufacturer in this case, I believe.

For what it's worth, I've noticed some really rude and unwelcoming people on these boards. It's the major reason I don't hang around more. Grow up and join society, people.

ADDENDUM: I forgot to mention that the Fenix uses a power reduction system that produces some strobing at the low setting. It's not especially annoying, but it's there and could cause some issues if one were illuminating mechanical equipment, I suppose, or especially sensitive to that sort of thing. (It's not as annoying as a Photon.) The Olight does not strobe, and it's my understanding that they use a linear reduction system that reduces the voltage rather than switching the diode on and off.

Last edited:

lowatts

Newly Enlightened
The reason why Im worried about the P2D is that it gets hot here in the Philippines. Temps go to 34'C and Im hoping to get more information as to the T10. I guess I'll just have to buy the light to find out.:shrug:

The reason for concern with heat on the P2D is because its small size cannot discipate heat fast enough on its own when used in max brightness level. Any light of similar size and output will have the same or worst problem. I have a P2D with a Q2 bin emitter and there is little "perceived" difference between high and max outputs so I will not need to have it on max for a long period of time.

If you need to run it on max output for more than a few minutes, just hold your light in your hand to help conduct the heat away (from the light into your hand), or put it in a glass or bowl of water to cool it (if you are using it as a candle), it is water resistant more than enough for that. The limited burn time on a battery on max is relative short anyways, and combined with the fact it's only slightly dimmer in high (and high has about three times the burn time), so I really don't see a good reason to run it on max for extend periods.

FASTCAR

Banned
Dr glock:

I think Flip food is MUCH better then all other asian food.I am always supprised I dont see more flip takeout.

I just had :
Dinuguan
Chicharon bulaklak ( with suka)
Punzit
adobu ( chicken)
lechun..loved ears !!!
lumpia ( my favorite)
And some BBQ ( 7up marinade)

excuse my spelling..afterall I am not pinoy..I am puti :wave:

Just did reviews on Olights in review area

:thumbsup:

Dr.Glock27

Newly Enlightened
To DigitalZen, thank you for the useful information.:thumbsup:

To Lowatts, thanks for the tip.:thumbsup:

To Fastcar, just read your review on the T20 and the T15. Great input. Enjoy the food. I heard that a lot of other flips in the LA area have been putting up more restaurants featuring the filipino cuisine.:twothumbs