• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired HAIII MIL-Spec machined M*G-Lites?

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Hey All,
I have been using drop-in mods for mags for a year or so now and it's time to take it up a notch. I have seen tons of machined mag parts on this forum but I don't really know where to go for what I want. I was hoping someone could help.

Basically I am trying to get my hands on some quad-bored, fluted and finned, HAIII 2D and 3D mags exactly like what Mirage Man had going a year ago.
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=134676
Any idea how I could go about this?

Thanks alot,
-Pete in Santa Barbara, CA

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened
Pete - Try sending MM a note. He may have something laying around. Otherwise, post a WTB over at the Marketplace. BTW - these really are nice hosts. I have a number of them from the second run. Good luck. Kirk

JimmyM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a 2D, 3D, 4D, 5D, and 6D from MM and a 2C by MM from another CPFer. I love the quality and feel of these things. I've got the 6D as a Mag275. The 2C is an ROP Low. The 2D will be another Mag275. Sorry I have nothing to offer you. I'm just kind of bragging about my HAIIIs.
Great lights.

Flash Harry

Newly Enlightened
Good luck with your search, Pete.

I'm annoyed I only ever bought one. I turned it into a WA1111/6x14500 for my son. He loves it. I wonder if MM could be convinced to do another run?

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Jimmy, where did you say you lived again?:whistle:

Maybe MM can be convinced to go another round, but from the sound of it, he was pretty burnt by the end of the second run. I can't blame him, it looked like a lot of work to go through it all like that.

DM, thanks, yeah I am looking at Litho's. They look cool, but I was really hoping for a couple of finned/fluted hosts for ROPs and MAG100s.

On another note, I am thinking about maybe (MAYBE) setting up my own group buy. I talked to a local machinist and an anodizer today and it sounds feasible, but its all very preliminary. I haven't even seen any of their work yet. In any case, I'm going to look more into it next week and i'll put out a feeler if it seems like they could put out the right quality at a similar price to MM's second run.

In any case, we'll see what happens there. I'm still interested in finding out ANY other info people may have on HAIII mags though for anyone else reading.

Thanks for the replies guys,
-Pete

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been lucky enought to get this host second hand (brand new) and I'll become a quad Cree 6xAA MaxFlex as soon as the converter is available :naughty:. Can't wait!

img0918ce8.jpg

If someone makes a run of HA-III Mags, I'm SURE demand is there.