TrueValue light, whaddya think?

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
Anyone familiar with this light on sale at True Value?
octbom3lruu1.jpg

It's supposed to be 45 lumens, so with 3 D batts, what kind of runtime would be expected?

It would be nice to have long lasting light around, so does this seem worth it?

Bill

Last edited:

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone familiar with this light on sale at True Value?
octbom3lruu1.jpg

It's supposed to be 45 lumens, so with 3 D batts, what kind of runtime would be expected?

It would be nice to have long lasting light around, so does this seem worth it?

Bill

Hey BillMPL, good find.

We got the exact same advert yesterday in the incoming junk mail.

The 2AA incan does nothing for me personally. I have probably a dozen or more little 2AA incan lights scattered around that never get used anymore. Well, maybe used as loaner lights once in a great while.

That big D-cell multi-LED light does interest me. Looks to me to have great potential as a long-runtime utility-work-blackout light. For only 10 bucks, it looks to be worth trying out.

If it turns out to be not so great, then I can always give it away to someone who is light deprived. It's probably a better blackout light than what 95% of my friends and relatives have availbable in their homes!

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
So anybody have a rough estimate of what to expect for a run time on the 3 D light? It would make the difference on whether or not this deal would be worthwhile.

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
OK, so I picked up one of these to try. The body doesn't seem quite as strong as a Mag, but not bad. They're a little dimmer than I would have expected, maybe the equivalent, total amount of light of my p2d on medium, but it has the warmest color of any multi LED I've seen. Obviously, being a multi LED, it has a nice flood pattern, and can light a room adequately when in candle mode. It should have a very long run time, so as an emergency light, I think it should work well. Anyone else try one of these?

Bill