• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Titanium rod for sale

ICUDoc

Enlightened
I have bought some lengths of titanium for making up you own torches. Or toothpicks. Or surgical instruments.
It is a more easily machined alloy than 6Al-4V called Quad-2. More precisely:Ti-62222 (Ti- 6Al- 2Sn- 2Zr- 2Mo- . 15Si). PhotonFanatic has had a go at some and feels it is easier to machine than 6Al-4V but maybe a little harder than CP Ti. It seems to be very corrosion resistant and tough if you look at some of the data on the web.
It is 21mm diameter (roughly 0.83 inches). We have cut it up into wieldy 12 - 18 inch lengths, and would like to sell it at $US40 per foot, shipped in CONUS. The price is the same in Australia- for other destinations PM for prices, which will be at cost.
If I have left anything out please let me know.
Paypal address is bondjames_au (at )yahoo.com
{Thanks to B@rt for advice on moving this from CPFMP}

Last edited:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Doc,

Here's what's up!

Ti-Q2_2.jpg

Ti-Q2_3.jpg

Ti-Q2_5.jpg

This is fantastic looking Ti and it machines beautifully.

Great price considering that shipping is included, also.

I'll be getting some more. Not sure what I'll do with it all, though. :devil:

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Fred that is fantastic!
I suspect that post will generate an awful lot of PMs for you! ( I think "TiBoy" sounds pretty good!) Looks great- what is the ID of that piece? It must be tempting to keep it thick just 'cos it looks so nice!!
Really glad you liked the Ti.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fred that is fantastic!
I suspect that post will generate an awful lot of PMs for you! ( I think "TiBoy" sounds pretty good!) Looks great- what is the ID of that piece? It must be tempting to keep it thick just 'cos it looks so nice!!
Really glad you liked the Ti.

The ID bore for the rechargeable CR123 is 17mm, certainly a tad loose, but not much. Of course, what isn't showing yet are the internal threads that I need to cut on the end of the battery tube.

The OD diameter is 20.95mm, on the thick side because I wanted to mill in the lines to a depth of .75mm, to really give the blocky look.

It does feel great in the hand. Sure, I can make it skinnier a bit, if needed, but I do like its look as it is now.