LED update for a Makita 7.2 volt rechargable ?

PeterSibley

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. This is my first post .I've been reading the posting for a while but now have a new question .

I've bot an old 7.2 volt Makita rechargable .It's a great bit of gear but it has one problem , it blows bulbs with monotonous regularity .What I would like to find is a drop in LED replacement for the incandecent 7.2 volt bulb .

Can anyone help ?

regards ,
Peter Sibley

Gunner12

Flashaholic
DIY? That would be the best choice IMO.

What kind of bulb does it use?

If it is PR based, you could find one or two LED drop-ins that will fit.

Have you also looked at a whole new replacement light?

:welcome:

PeterSibley

Newly Enlightened
Just a 7.2 v incandencent , guess I'm displaying my ignorance here ! The Makita is a really well made bit of gear and the battery drops out to fit a drill if I need it . Had it 10 years and like it , just would like the bulbs to last awhile longer !

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can understand your desire to 'hang on' to a quality (well used) tool, sadly the MagLED upgrade is only suitable for 2~4 D cells (3~6v), the TerraLux TLE-6EX wont fit, whilst googling around for Mag uprades I came across PR flange base LED solutions like these, however your best bet IMHO is the TerraLux TLE-1F (available in either PR/screw in bases) from Cutter Electronics Australia

Rated @ 1w (50 Lumen) it supports 2~9v DC supplies (electronic self regulation), which would mean tremendous run times with albeit diminished luminosity :thumbsup:

Last edited:

4D223

Newly Enlightened
Gday Pete, M@estrom is on the money with his recommendation of the TLE-1, I have it in my 6 volt Dolphin and although it is not super bright it does the job and it lasts forever. Check out Batteryjunction.com "MattK" is on CPF and their customer service/pricing/product line is IMHO, second to none. Check out some of the other websites like LED Replacement, Lighthound, DX, and Terralux for upgrades, I have the 18 volt Makita tool set and have the "shower head" upgrade for the torch coming. Good hunting and welcome to CPF. Good to see plenty of Aussies on the Forum.
wink2.gif

PeterSibley

Newly Enlightened
Good ,thanks for the link...I'll have a good look at the site and contact them.that TLE-IF looks good but a bit pricey ...I just bought a complete small LED torch sans batteries for that money ! $32 95 !

thanks again ,
Peter