Novatac 120P or 120EDC?

Old Farmer

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking that the plain EDC would be all that I would need, with the 3 levels of light. What would you do? I like KISS.

RickyT

Newly Enlightened
If you get the P and leave it alone it will function just like the plain.

If you ever decide you want to program it, you'll have that option. Maybe you'll need a flasher someday, or want to change the levels, or what order they're in.

Unless you don't want the flat tail, I can't think of a reason to get the plain over the P.

Here's a features comparison chart at lighthound.
Features

berto

Newly Enlightened
If you want a simple version that comes on full blast with the first push of the button and also has momentary push button feature as well get the 120t.

BSCOTT1504

Enlightened
I think RickyT is correct. You can set the P to function just like a T plus it is a tail-stander!! It is just more versatile. :)

jcompton

Enlightened
I think I am going with the P model! Thanks for the good advice.

Good choice! This way if you ever have an "itch" to change things around, you'll always have the option to "scratch" it without having to buy a whole new light.

:twothumbs

berto

Newly Enlightened
Can you program the tail switch of the 120p to have the momentary option(press and holdthe button the light stays on untill you release the button) like the 120t.

jcompton

Enlightened
Can you program the tail switch of the 120p to have the momentary option(press and holdthe button the light stays on untill you release the button) like the 120t.

Yes. And to take it a bit further, you can perform the tap, press and hold to directly to Max in momentary from off.