Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival in GGP

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are any of you fans going to the bluegrass festival in GGP tomorrow?
http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/2007/HSB7_schedule.pdf
http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/2007/HSB7_map.pdf

This is going to be an awesome day, with sun, and dozens of fine acts. Cute hippies all over the place. Bring your own beer. But the parking is going to be tough with hundreds of thousands of people.

I'll be at the Banjo Stage from 3:20 to 4:20 to check out Ricky Skaggs, Bruce Hornsby, and Kentucky Thunder, if anyone wants to meet up.

I'll be centered out between the two speakers, and somewhat behind the soundboard.

This is the third year of this cool festival. party!

shakeylegs

Enlightened
If I didn't have to work I'd be there - by golly! I forgot what a great roster this attracts. Austin Lounge Lizards, Guy Clark, T Bone Burnett, Robert Earl Keen, Los Lobos, Bela Fleck, Del McCoury, Ray Wylie Hubbard, David Grisman, Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson, Emmylou Harris, Dave Alvin, Jourma Kaukonen, Boz Scaggs, John Prine, Nick Lowe, Steve Earle, Allison Brown & Joe Craven, Ricky Scaggs . . . Free concerts in GGP certainly have seen some great music and this event lives up to that heritage. Sunday's banjo stage looks like a winner with David Grisman, Earl Scruggs, Doc Watson, and Emmylou Harris.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a great lineup! Los Lobos and the Del McCoury Band are two of a very, very few bands still on my "gotta see 'em" list. Wish I wasn't a few thousand miles away and a truly poor old man.

FWIW, if you get a chance to see Dave Alvin, the Knitters (members of the punk band X with Dave Alvin but doing folk/bluegrass), and/or the Flatlanders, do it. Great stuff. Also, Greg Leisz (a member of the Blue Velvet Band that is backing up Boz Scaggs) is one of the best guitarists on the planet.

If you're going, I really am jealous. Have a good time and enjoy it for me too since I can't be there.