Surefire L1???

dtsoll

Enlightened
Where are you guys getting these from and are all the kinks out of them yet?? I heard they had some problems!! Doug:) Thanks!!!

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to the local sporting goods store and they had a surefire display. :huh:
Actually they had some of the older versions of the L1 which the clerk had no idea about the differences. They had 2 of the new cree L1's for $124.99 so I grabbed one. There are several on-line vendors that offer the new L1.

I have heard about some minor issues but remember reading in another post that they have been fixed.

dtsoll

Enlightened
I want one of these things in the worst way, but.......... I'm trying to keep all my lights in the AA, AAA size so I can utilize my eneloops. The only 123 light I have is a Fenix P1D CE. I just keep thinkin I "need" an L1. Doug:)

Brozneo

Enlightened
I got my SF L1 second hand at the Market Place - this was an early issue one and it has no issues what so ever!

faco

Enlightened
Where are you guys getting these from and are all the kinks out of them yet?? I heard they had some problems!! Doug:) Thanks!!!

Try the store that is available to all of us...........you know the one. I clicked the "buy it now" button and it's on it's way. Cant wait to get it :)

Dinan

Newly Enlightened
I got mine in a retail shop in Boston. The guy even explicitly knew that the E1L, E2L, and L1 were new 'upgraded' versions, which impressed me. Since I got it pretty recently after it was released, I think it was one of the earlier ones but mine has no issues at all with flickering, and I even use RCR's with it for even more of an output boost! (Not recommended, heh)

I was also amazed at how well centered the LED is, and how well the light is output with the optic instead of a reflector. The tint is also very nice, the best and warmest out of all my LED lights. I picked up a new E1L with it as well, but the tint on that one was kind of green... that light has been since given away to my brother, and then to his gf. At least I know it's keeping someone I know out of the dark.

Here's some beamshots of a few of my LED lights with the L1 on RCR's (I couldn't find my P3D for some reason...)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/176090