Civictor V1/SSC mod question

BGater

Enlightened
Just did my first emitter mod, dropped a U bin SSC in to one of my civictors. Much better tint, whiter. Compared to my other V1's their tint is pinkinsh. Added about 150 lux (695 now) with stock driver. Went very smooth.

I am wondering if anyone knows what mA the driver is in the stock V1 ? The lights design makes it very tough to get a measurment. I have a DX 5 mode 500 mA, 1.5 v input driver im thinking of using (SKU 7302), but not if this will be less output than the stock board. Also not sure if there is room in the slug for this board as it is actually 2 boards.

Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

Last edited:

BGater

Enlightened
I had to dab a Q-tip wet with fingernail polish remover to the bottom of the slug and use snap ring pliers to unscrew, wasnt really very bad. The LED itself, I de-soldered the arms, then clamped the slug into a vise and used a stainless dental pic type probe to work around the emitter and it popped off without much force. Hard part was centering the new emitter. I used a .030 copper washer and sanded it on 400 wet dry to .020. Used Arctic epoxy, non electric conductive, to mount the washer spacer. Then, mounted the emitter on top of that. Ended up with the same height as the Lux emitter. When the epoxy became tacky, I screwed the slug back into the head and made a mark with a sharpie on the driver board as to which way the emitter needed to be slid to center. Took it back out and bumped the emitter, screwed it back in and left it to dry. Have to work fast as the Arctic I used has a 5 minute set time ! Wish I would have taken a pic after soldering the new emitter, came out beautiful and smooth. Looked better then factory. I was proud, ran upstairs and showed the wife "look at that solder job!".........she wasnt impressed. I may have to take it apart again and take a pic....hehe.

I took some pics and will get them posted soon.