Any of you also enjoy shooting?

o0o

Enlightened
Any flashlight fans out there that also like to shoot?

I'm primarily a handgun shooter, but I also dab into rifles a bit.

Anyone else have an interest in the sport of target shooting?

Nitro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I started shooting 30 years ago, and I love it. However I haven't been in a few years. (Long story)

I'm going to try to make it deer hunting this season, but it all depends on my health. I'm having Gallbladder surgery in a couple weeks. I'm not sure I'll be up to it, but we'll see.

If I do make it this year, I'm debating on using my 30-06, or my late fathers 7mm Mag. I think I'll go with with 7mm, because I never hunted with it and I always wanted to.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been a hunter/shooter for almost 40 years. Bought my first .45 (lightweight commander) in 75' and dabbled in IPSC in the late 80's. Now I primarily target shoot and hunt upland birds/varmints.

Nice to see some fellow firearm enthusiasts on this board...

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Yup! I sure do! I just recently started target shootin with handguns. I will be shooting with shotgun and hunting rifles as soon as I get my hands on a gunsafe! Im a student so it dosent happen over night...Since I joined here my money have had other proirites other than guns. I mostly shoot .22lr untill I get my licence for that, after that I will start shooting 9mm more seriously so I can get my licence for that. The only negative thing is that the ammo is quite expensive. But every fun hobby has it downsides when it comes to what you have to pay to have fun!

WDR65

Enlightened
I shoot quite a bit of .22 LR, both handguns and rifles, though now that I've moved not nearly as much as I'd like. If I had more time and money I'd like to shoot trap and sporting clays a bit more.

I'm missing North Carolina at the moment as I had a 300 yard rifle range and a informal skeet range in my parents back yard. Here I have to drive 30 minutes or so to shoot skeet or sporting clays and there are just a few indoor ranges close by, I'm adapting bit by bit though.

Last edited:

swampgator

Enlightened
Shot IDPA, IPSC and pins in the early to mid 90s. Fell out due to work and school. I still have my plate rack in the field out my back door, although the berm is in need of work.

There was a time when I burning through about 1000 rounds of .45ACP and 1000 rounds of .357 Mag a week.

Never shot rifles competitively but have hunted almost all my life.

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I target shoot handguns. .45 and 9mm mostly, but .22 occasionally, and I've never turned down an offer to run a few rounds through someone else's gun. I don't get into rifles much as I don't have the room to set up a rifle range on my property. With handguns I just step out my back door. My wife target shoots too, she prefers 9mm or smaller.
:buddies:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've done some handgun target shooting many years ago. Mostly CO2 metal-pellet guns, but I shot a .22 a bit too.

In the end I gave up because it's way too complicated to own and operate guns here in Pizzaland. It basically involves drowning in paperwork.

Paladin

Enlightened
Shooting is a great hobby to combine with flashoholism. AR-15's in particular make fantastic flashlight holders.:D

Long ago while recoverying from a back injury the ultra-liberal "zen" instructor at the YMCA conducting a relaxation class asked us each what was the most beneficial thing his class has done for our quality of life. When I explained how the deep breathing and relaxation made shooting my Ruger Redhawk 44 Magnum enjoyable he almost had a stroke...ommmmm, KABOOM, ommmm, KABOOM became my personal mantra.:devil:

Paladin

watchdog2001

Newly Enlightened
Another avid shooter for nearly 30 years. I used to shoot big bore silhouette in competition. I took a little break from shooting and reloading around 15 years ago and got back into it three years back as my boys are of the age and interest to start reloading. We make it to the range and do a little shooting about once a month or so. I picked up an Armalite AR-10 target in .308 a couple of years back that the boys love to shoot, especially after loading the rounds for it. Although I shoot rifles, my real passion is the Thompson Contender and several revolvers I own.

Valolammas

Enlightened
I used to, but haven't been to the range for years. It's pretty expensive and gun ownership is kinda restricted here in Finland (not as bad as UK, but still). Sometimes I practise a little with an airgun, but it just doesn't have the kick of a real gun.

I never was much good with pistols, but I'm ok with a rifle. The only gun I have been really good with was a submachinegun in the army, I even broke the company record with that one. But SMGs are not available for us civilians, so it's been quite a while.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been shooting pistols and rifles since I was about 9yo under supervision. I still shoot but not near as often as I used too. Going to start target shooting more.

Shreklight

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I do too. I have several handguns, rifles, and shotguns, I used to go to the range once a week, but now that I'm a daddy, I only have time to go about once a month.

cslinger

Enlightened
Yep. Love shooting, anything with a bang switch and I am good to go. Pistols, Rifles, MGs, Airguns, suppressed, non suppressed, rubber band guns etc.

Not a hunter though. I love Moose, Deer, Duck etc. but Just don't think I have it in me to drop the hammer on Bambi unless survival dictated it. This is certainly not to say I have anything against hunting or hunters.....well I do think hunting for trophy only is wrong and believe the animal should be used but I digress. I also feel that everybody who eats meat should try hunting or at least understand it. One day I may give it a go. I have been toying around with going duck hunting....I could shoot a duck, I mean a duck is just a fish with wings......:D

All that being said I try to live my life with the desire and intent to never shoot at anything that bleeds or had a mom and so far that mantra has treated me well. I am hell on wheels when paper invaders or a soda can rebellion starts up though.

Last edited:

22hornet

Enlightened
Shooting is my most loved hobby. I have been shooting since I was 12 and became member at a gunclub at the age of 16 (in 1980).
I love small pistols a lot and get a lot of enjoyment from my Browning 1910 .32acp and my Beretta 950B .22short. Both are really accurate.

I also participate in 100m rifle shooting (free caliber hunting rifle), lever action at 50m, Pump shotgun shoots and speedshoots (where I use the 1910 or the 950B as there is a class for "small pistols" as well)

And I also enjoy airguns a lot.

Kind regards,
Joris