LSH-P Water"proof"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackBlades

Enlightened
LSH-P Water\"proof\"?

I just got a new LSH-P. It seems to be pretty tight. I did the "suck test" and got nothing but a sore tongue. My question is can it be submerged a few feet or is this best avoided? Is it like my AAA-LE in that the head is sealed (potted) and even if it did leak it would survive?
I come humbly to ask the Flashaholics if this is true...TAD says HERE that it is "Waterproof to 50 feet". Anybody have any experience good or bad with a submerged LSH-P?

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I want the latest scoop and I know I can count on my CPF brethren! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

TIA
Jack

JollyRoger

Enlightened
Re: LSH-P Water

You should have no water problems with the unit. Although the head is not longer "potted" and completely sealed on the inside, the waterproofing at the lens is much better. Just make sure the Kroll is on tight, and the o-ring is lubed. You should have no problems.

(Water will not enter from the front of the light, so the only other places are at the o-ring seal and at the Kroll...just make sure these are ok, and you're set to go!)

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

I finally sent some units out to be pressure tested. I will post the results probally by next week.

Before starting this test, the only other official test was 3 units at 1.5feet for 24hours with no problem.

Peter

keyman

Newly Enlightened

i thru my lsh-p into my pool in the deap end 10 feet:)
still works like a charm:)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

peter, are there any plans to update the aaa depth rating?

something a little more realistic...like... 500miles?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif i'm serious!!!

keyman

Newly Enlightened

What,You plan on going to Saturans moon Europa /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif,with that depth rating /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

keyman

Newly Enlightened

just thought it was funny.I couldnt think of any where else a 500 mile depth rating could be tested at:D

Anarchocap

Enlightened

There is no such place a human has been here on Terra Firma. 500 nautical miles deep would equal 3,039,513.68 feet. If you could get that deep you'd melt yourself from the molten lava of the Earth's core.

keyman

Newly Enlightened

It would be cool if you could have it outer space approved

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

ok, ok, the 500miles may be a little closer to the actual number, but i underatand it isn't plausable for a light to go that far down.

everyone hear <font color="blue">knows</font> that no matter how deep the take their aaa, it will work. i think the packaging and website should go to at least 500ft... <font color="red">well</font> within the actuall limits. this *could* be a determining factor in whether or not someone who has never before heard of the light makes the purchase.

keyman

Newly Enlightened

time to go fishing. maybe some day in the spring i might test my ls2 when I go deap sea fishing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, we have tested the LS in two seperate tests:

Test #1
3 units, 1.5 feet water for 24 hours = none leaked

Test #2
10 units, 150 feet water for 1 hour = 2 leaked (but continued to work)

We rate these at 50 feet and will run a third test at 100 feet with a different set of units to see if we get 100%.

Peter

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk

You typically bring your LS with you when you're relaxing in the hot tub? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- G!mpy

[ QUOTE ]
JackBlades said:
Now I feel safe if mine takes a dunk in the hot-tub or pool!

[/ QUOTE ]

JackBlades

Enlightened

Hah! I already posted about my AAA LE in there! The ionizer discharge cranks out thousands of little bubbles that slowly float to the surface (with the jets off) and it makes for a beautiful light show on the surrounding walls. Get a glass of wine and entertain your sweetie with your cool flashlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

I wonder if my neighbors think I'm nuts? Naw, they've seen the UltraStinger save the day (night?) during the last power outage!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

"...entertain your sweetie with your cool flashlights!"

wow jack, that's pretty kinky... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.