Tiablo vs M6

maxilux

Enlightened
Wich M6 do you mean? I think you mean the SF, but there is an Pelican M6 to.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes the A9S, you are correct! I was just curious how they compare side by side.

As far as I know no one has done any beamshots between these two lights since they are VERY different. The M6 puts out alot more light since the high output model puts out around 500 lumens and the Tiablo A9 Q5 puts out around 200 or so out the front. The beams are also very different since the Tiablo uses a very deep reflector built for throw and the M6 is more of a all purpose high intensity beam.
I think you would be very impressed with the Tiablo whether it may be the A9 or the A8. For the price it is very hard to beat!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I've read somewhere that the M6 puts out close to 1000 lumens with fresh batteries on the MN21. My guess is the M6 will out throw the Tiablo but the Tiablo will run longer at a smaller size.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read somewhere that the M6 puts out close to 1000 lumens with fresh batteries on the MN21. My guess is the M6 will out throw the Tiablo but the Tiablo will run longer at a smaller size.

My memory tells me that the MN21 puts out about 650 lumens on fresh batteries. I have never, ever read a claim of 1000 lumens and I am almost certain that number is incorrect. Where did you read that figure?

Lightdude, the tiablo and the SF M6 are apples and oranges. Just look at beam shots of each and you will see what I mean. The M6 is a massive ram of light, whereas the tiablo is more of a thrower.

Last edited:

Brozneo

Enlightened
My memory tells me that the MN21 puts out about 650 lumens on fresh batteries. I have never, ever read a claim of 1000 lumens and I am almost certain that number is incorrect. Where did you read that figure?

Lightdude, the tiablo and the SF M6 are apples and oranges. Just look at beam shots of each and you will see what I mean. The M6 is a massive ram of light, whereas the tiablo is more of a thrower.

I would agree with the 650 lumens on fresh batts for the SF M6, I have a Mag85 and it wins hands down in total output (and throw) against the SF M6 and that's with a variety of different reflectors...

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The 650 lumen sounds much more like Surefire. I read 1000 on one of the ROP threads.

These are two very different lights with different uses.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

well, the 650 is the figure for fresh battery out the front. since from a well-established incan formula which says a light loses around 1/3 of its output due to reflector and lens loss, 1000 bulb lumen when the batteries are new is not terribly far-fetched.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, 650 refers to torch/out the front lumens which reasonably approximates to 1000 bulb lumens.

Slight misunderstanding; the two are in no way mutually exclusive.

:eek:

Latest posts