Lights that use CR2032 lithium cells

Spin

Enlightened
I saw an ad or a review about the "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Petzl E+Lite Headlight" using two CR2032 lithium cells. 40 hours of good light, 60 hours dim light. "If" the above is true, are there handheld lights that will do similar as the above with the same type of batteries?[/FONT]

paulr

Flashaholic
A CR2032 is around 220 mah at 3 volts, so do the math. Handheld lights generally don't aim to be tiny, so they usually use bigger cells.

Marduke

Flashaholic
If a keychain light counts as a handheld light, the white Photons and fauxtons can get by with 1xCR2032 instead of 2xCR2016, and work quite well with 1xCR2032 and modded with a red LED (which needs the lower Vf than the white).

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
If a keychain light counts as a handheld light, the white Photons and fauxtons can get by with 1xCR2032 instead of 2xCR2016, and work quite well with 1xCR2032 and modded with a red LED (which needs the lower Vf than the white).

If this is true, thats quite interesting. Does the stock red photon possess this ability?

Marduke

Flashaholic
From what I understand, lights like the Photon II using red LED's are switched to 1xCR2032. I know it works well that way with the fauxtons.

Oh, I found this on Photon's website:
Because the red, yellow, & orange Photons use a single CR2032 battery rather than the pair of smaller CR2016 cells used in the other colors, they will provide a significantly longer battery life at the expense of some brightness. This makes these colors excellent for use in emergency kits or other situations where battery life is a primary concern over absolute brightness.

And this:
Depending on the beam color, your Photon II will use either a pair of lithium CR-2016 batteries (white, green, NV green/turquoise, blue, & purple) or a single CR-2032 lithium battery (red, orange, yellow, & infrared). Replacement with CR-2016 batteries pictured below.

Last edited: