replacement Novatac Reflector

faiz23

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys i purchase kid9p milky modded 120p with TIR optics and i would like to find a replacement reflector so i could swap between the two when ever i feel like. I really like the tir since it concerntrates the beam and gives a nice flood aswell. The reflector would make it a heavy flood and less spot so i could use the light in any situation. Later on i will be replacing the led since it is weak compared to my ti pd-s. I tried my ti pd-s reflector and the diameter works fine but once i add an oring and the lens and try to screw it down i can barely get one thread to grab. Photonfanatic sent me a pm with this info on it:

Hi,

Seems like the 20mm Khatod or the 20mm IMS reflectors might work. In millimeters, you are looking for 22mm diameter and 13.46mm tall.

The Khatod is 20.45 in diameter and 15.72mm deep.

The IMS reflector is 20.5mm diameter and 16mm tall.

You would have to be a little modding to those.

Or, you could take a look at Don's McR reflectors. The McR-20 is 20.64mm diameter and 15.24mm tall.

HTTH.

Fred

What do you guys think i should do i was thinking i might try to order a reflector and have it shipped to a modder and give him the dimension so he could use a lathe and precisely cut it. If i would like to do it at home is sandpaper the only option would i be able to use a dremel and is it possible to chip the reflector material when you are sanding. I am guessing i need to sand from the bottom of the bowl but what happens if i need to trim alot to make it fit and the led hole becomes larger can i use something to fill it in.

thank you

thermal guy

Flashaholic
on a totally unrelated note could you by any chance take some outdoor shots with your new tir novatac? I'm relay thinking about this mod. thanks

DM51

Flashaholic
Faiz, I suggest you ask the mods to move this thread to the "Homemade & Modified" forum.

What happened to the stock reflector? Has Milky still got it? If he has, you wouldn't need to get a new one.

faiz23

Newly Enlightened
i have tried contacting milkyspit via pm but no reply. i am guessing he is busy, i am talking to photonfanatic to get one turned on a lathe to meet specs as close as possible.

faiz23

Newly Enlightened
i did and i told him i needed a replacement reflector and i was quoted a rough estimate of $50 for the reflector with installation charge. I can install it my self but i have to pay the full price. Reflectors like kathod go for $4 and it would be around 5-7 to machine it professionally.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old HDS reflector was $25 shipped to you($15 and 10 S&H).

$50!!! Novatac is really asking you to bend over so they can install it on you on this one.

Oh I can tell you the 20mm IMS is a tad small(not wide enough).

faiz23

Newly Enlightened
yeah the ims is tad small and if i used that i was hoping the o-ring would cover it up. i tried my ti pd-s and it has a nice beam and spill weak hotspot compared to a TIR. It is very hard to try to find the reflector or get one machined. Henry has not left over parts and he had no novatac inventory, i don't want to spend a third of the light for a reflector.

DM51

Flashaholic
$50 is a total ripoff. Try Milky again, or Kid9p who sold you the light. One of them probably still has the stock reflector from when it was modded.

If neither of them have it, maybe someone has an old HDS stock one that might fit.