[fenix] a lens for concentrate beamshot like the fenix diffuser ?

zerafull

Newly Enlightened
Hi all

i would know if it's possible, to add a little clip on lens (like the fenix white diffuser) on the fenix light for concentrate the beamshot and got a better range ?

or for a mod ? it's nice idea no ?

:naughty:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put an aspherical lens in my P3D w/ Q5 Cree and it throws around 600-700 feet. This involes opening the head and replacing the protective glass lens with the aspherical lens.

Results in the beam looking like this:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I bought the lens you linked to in another post, my results were very different! It just sucked! Not that I blame you, I did no research just followed the link and well crap. I ended up with an ugly beam with no improved spot. I blame myself for not checking the Fl differences between the P3D of yours, and my P1 CE Q2........ I assume the emitters are at different distances from the lens. Or you linked the wrong one. Glad it worked for you anyway! One day I guess I'll just get a P3D and be good to go, but it'll be awhile.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Wade! Mind sharing what you did to your light? What aspheric lens did you order? Surplus shed? I'm thinking maybe a difusser cap for regular close range use and just remove it for ultra long throw.

Can you post pics of your light?

Thanks for sharing!
AlexGT

Enlightened
I put an aspherical lens in my P3D w/ Q5 Cree and it throws around 600-700 feet. This involes opening the head and replacing the protective glass lens with the aspherical lens.

Results in the beam looking like this:

Sorry, Wade. I'm glad you like the results it gave you, but that beamshot is just GHASTLY, IMHO.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the lens you linked to in another post, my results were very different! It just sucked! Not that I blame you, I did no research just followed the link and well crap. I ended up with an ugly beam with no improved spot. I blame myself for not checking the Fl differences between the P3D of yours, and my P1 CE Q2........ I assume the emitters are at different distances from the lens. Or you linked the wrong one. Glad it worked for you anyway! One day I guess I'll just get a P3D and be good to go, but it'll be awhile.

Hm, you took out the protective lens and replace it with the lens? You didn't just put the lens over the top right? :) The lens dropped in and stayed in place? I think there is only one lens on Surplush that fits in there, so if it fit that should be it. Unless the lenses have slight variations, and I have also heard some emitters focus differently than others, so I may have gotten lucky.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Yes I put it in there! The Dia was perfect just not the Fl. I bet the reflector is taller on your P3D, giving a different Fl mm. I should of checked.............

Latest posts