What holster do you use for your SF L1?

Flashlike

Enlightened
Surefire recommends their V82 holster for the L1 flashlight. I just ordered a new L1-CREE and need a holster for it. The SF Cordura nylon holsters are very durable, but at the same time they seem too "stiff" and somewhat bulky (...just my opinion).
I searched the forums and that some were happy with the M@g AM2A056 Nylon Full Flap Holster for AA Mini M@g. Even that holster would be too long, but I suppose it could be cut off and sewed up at the bottom if need be.
Any other suggestions? I would prefer a "quick detach" style of holster (vecro loop over the belt).

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the V82 quick detach holster for mine and I like it. I like having a flap over the light to protect it. I don't find it too stiff and bulky. It is well built to protect the light though.

ja10

Enlightened
The one thing I don't get about it is how the flap that goes over the light is so short. On mine only about 1" of the 3" or so of velcro is attached. I wished it was a little longer. If I were to do it again, I would probably try John Willis. He did a great job on the holster for my U2

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm
16.gif
My flap fits all the way to the bottom of the velcro...

alantch

Enlightened
My L1s have been sold, but back when I owned one, it was carried in a Maxpedition tube sheath. Very sturdily made sheaths ... highly recommended but may not be what you're after.

dsc0047oj2.jpg

ja10

Enlightened
Hmmm
16.gif
My flap fits all the way to the bottom of the velcro...

Hmmm ... maybe I got sent the wrong one, or ordered the wrong one. I bet the one I have is for the E1L then.

You can ignore my complaint then :)

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Planning on having it in my front jeans pocket, hopfully it wont be to big, otherwiser Ill have to carry it in a V82 holster.

Flashlike

Enlightened
Thanks, everyone! . Just like with flashlights, personal preference is a big factor in choosing a holster.
It's good that there are lots of choices out there--something for everyone!
I'm going to go for the SF V82.
Thanks again for your valued opinions and recommendations.

faco

Enlightened
I just clip it to my main right pocket.

When I had the previous version of the L1, I tried clipping it to my front pocket and half the light was sticking out with the bezel up. Do you find it comfortable and secure clipped this way ?

I tried using the Maxpedition tube sheath on mine and it was a very tight fit.

Supernam

Enlightened
Yeah, I think it just comes down to preference but this thread is cool cuz you see all the options out there. For my Milky ML-1, I just keep it in my left pocket, not clipped.

Spence

Enlightened
Flashlike & others,
I'm really pleased with the V82 for my L1 Cree and here's why: the stiff tube with a skosh more room allows for problem free holstering. Also, it allows just enough room to accomodate the lanyard eyelet which sticks out a bit. The problem with a thinner, softer holster with a tight fit is difficulty reholstering while reaching around to your side and blind to it.
The L1 Cree really rocks, don't it?