Who has one of these?

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Playboy,

I have a couple of those Colemans. The local Walmart had them on clearance. They are pretty decent lights as it, and a couple of forumites have used them as a basis for LS mods.

I think that I still have one NIB. eMail me if you want one.

I think that Craig did a review of the Bison. Seems to be a decent alternative to a Mag, but not anything super special.

Danny

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
look, it's the slick giant killer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i don't know about the tailswitch, but this is the same light slick modded to 5w, and mr bulk later made a run named the slick giant killer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Coleman does indeed have a tailcap switch. Its AA size body has extruded ribs that can be machined out to accomodate 3x123 lithium cells for 9v direct-drive 5W luxeon applications.

I just built a few more of these last week using the silver bodies and royal blue emitters. While Cyan is brighter, the royal is equally impressive.

Compared to other larger 5W mods, it IS the giant killer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Figures.

Doing much more than putting in my Madmax, or putting in a piece of plastic pipe for C cells (or for 123As...) is way over my head.

What would one of these "Giant Killers" cost me turn key?