SF M6 Holster

lightemup

Flashaholic*
I've got a Blackhawk M6 pouch that mine is in and its fine. I'm not a fan of Blackhawk gear in general but my pouch is GTG :) Someone that owns a couple of different brands can probably give you a better idea...

I think Ripoffs do a M6 pouch as well as SOE Gear.

Brozneo

Enlightened
The SF V84 pouch designed for the M6 works nicely with the M6 - there is a photo around here someone which I'll try and find for you...

PS. The V84 is designed for the SF 10X

cy

Flashaholic
John Willis M6 holster is considered the best for good reason...

Size15's

Flashaholic
The SF V84 pouch designed for the M6 works nicely with the M6 - there is a photo around here someone which I'll try and find for you...

PS. The V84 is designed for the SF 10X
I've been informed that the V84 (for the 10X) does not, in fact, hold the M6. It's too tight.

I realise that I have two V84's that do fit the M6 but mine must be samples from SureFire rather than production items.

Al

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi,

After reading one of Size15's earlier post on CPF about the V84 holster fitting the M6, I bought one just to find out that it is too tight... so I got a RipOff Nylon Holster with Clip instead.

The V84 is even almost too tight for an D-size Maglite, but I use it on my Mag D at the moment hopeing that it would loose up a little... :whistle:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've been informed that the V84 (for the 10X) does not, in fact, hold the M6. It's too tight.

I realise that I have two V84's that do fit the M6 but mine must be samples from SureFire rather than production items.

Al

Darn it!

Well, now we're back to the problem of how to carry an M6 on one's person. :(

Ironically, Surefire could have made a holster for the M6 from one of those production samples. Talk about a wasted opportunity. :awman:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Ironically, Surefire could have made a holster for the M6 from one of those production samples. Talk about a wasted opportunity. :awman:
Well indeed - it makes little sense to me that the holster don't fit both.
However, perhaps the snug fit for the 10X helps retaining it whilst running etc. There is a lot of 10X above the battery/body to pivot out even with the flap Velcro'd down tight. I admit not to testing the V84 energetically with the 10X. I was much more impressed with the sample's ability to carry the M6.

Al

cy

Flashaholic
M6 due to reflector size, is an awkward light to carry at best.

here's a pic's showing how John Willis M6 holster fits..

m6h.JPG

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
John Willis M6 holster is considered the best for good reason...
Agree 110%.

I own several JW-M6 holsters and they have held up to regular use w/o issue.

Used to own a few of the Blackhawk M6 holster but found them inadequate.

gsnorm

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if the holster for the Wolf Eyes Boxer 24 watt HID would fit - I recall seeing a pic in a post that had the M6 side by side with the Boxer and they appeared very similar in size.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish the John Willis holster would fit the M6 with a filter on. I leave my diffuser on my M6 24/7 as well as a lanyard and don't like to take either off to fit in a holster. John told me they couldn't get 2.5" webbing so he can't make the holster to fit with the diffuser. :(

cy

Flashaholic
you want a Ripoff M6 pouch. they are made specifically for fit with filter.
too loose without filter... problem is they ceased production, no clue if someone took over.

I wish the John Willis holster would fit the M6 with a filter on. I leave my diffuser on my M6 24/7 as well as a lanyard and don't like to take either off to fit in a holster. John told me they couldn't get 2.5" webbing so he can't make the holster to fit with the diffuser. :(

Katdaddy

Enlightened
qarawol, nice work on all those holsters.
I went with the John Willis holster for mine. I wanted something to keep it shiny new when stuck under the seat of my truck. The John Willis covers it up nicely. Funny to buy something that tough and then feel like you need something to protect it.

Brozneo

Enlightened
Get the John Willis Holster! They are brillant! I got one and was mighty impressed - now have two more en-route so I can finally belt carry my M6 on duty!