Rebel & its reflectors

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well I kinda opted to stay away from the Rebels for now, since they do not offer much more in the output arena and I am still reserved about their reflectors...

Now I got to know. Were manufacturers that fast in putting Rebel lights that ignored special Rebel reflectors issue, using other LED ones? Or we really have the proper ones at this moment, especially concerning the cheaper Chinese lights?

BTW where Fenix stands on Rebel Reflectors?

ALSO

I recall someone saying that throw flashlights and their reflectors take benefit from a small light-emmitting surface, like a filament over the Luxeon sized LEDs. With the arrival of the Rebel at 1/4 the surface, 1/2 the side dimensions should be looking at better throw flashlights?
Imagine a D-Mini with a redesigned reflecot and a Rebel 100?

Good to listen on your thoughts on this, Kostas

kaidomain

Newly Enlightened
well I kinda opted to stay away from the Rebels for now, since they do not offer much more in the output arena and I am still reserved about their reflectors...

Now I got to know. Were manufacturers that fast in putting Rebel lights that ignored special Rebel reflectors issue, using other LED ones? Or we really have the proper ones at this moment, especially concerning the cheaper Chinese lights?

BTW where Fenix stands on Rebel Reflectors?

ALSO

I recall someone saying that throw flashlights and their reflectors take benefit from a small light-emmitting surface, like a filament over the Luxeon sized LEDs. With the arrival of the Rebel at 1/4 the surface, 1/2 the side dimensions should be looking at better throw flashlights?
Imagine a D-Mini with a redesigned reflecot and a Rebel 100?

Good to listen on your thoughts on this, Kostas

There aren't too much REBEL equiped cheap flashlight from China still. There is one from Ultrafire and one from MTE. The main reason is CREE is bright enough already, and the REBEL hyper is not as great when compared to CREE, when it first come out. Rebel is great for its size and low VF. Smaller size means smaller reflector is necessary for longer throw.

REBEL is very picky at reflector, just like CREE XR-E 7090. CREE gives yellow ringly beam, and REBEL gives you a choppy hot spot on top of that. With REBEL usually you can achieve a pretty good beam with the right reflector curve (most reflector manufacturer knows the equation) and OP surface.

Philips probably releases this LED maily for other lighting applications, not the flashlight industry.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Rebel has similar sized die as the Seoul and Cree, only the packaging is smaller so throw would be similar.

Latest posts