Need a new singel AA light

Ashallian

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

most of you are probably sick of reading theese kind of threads, but I need recommendations so I'll write one anyway.

I used to own a 1 mode MTE SSC from DX which did a pretty good job, but unfortunately(or maybe not, cause now I get to buy a new one;)) my gf confiscated it.

I'm looking for something just as bright or brighter.
At least 2 modes High\low.
1xAA.
Around 50-70$.

Been looking at Fenix L1T V2.0, or maybe I should wait for Jetbeam Jet 1 - MKII.R? Anyone knows when that will be out?
Or maybe just go for JetBeam C-LE V2?

Any suggestions?

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
get another mte ssc
it's pretty much the best value by far in my opinion.
i have the five mode, do yourself a favor and get the single mode.
it did great in the reviews by seth.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
You can check out my 1AA roundup review here.

Simply put, the Fenix lights have the highest output (and best runtime) on regular batteries. The new C-LE v2.0 is a great light for the price, but lacks some higher end features and output. That may be solved by the new MkII-R ... have to wait and see there (likely not until end of the month). Personally, I was never crazy about the MkIIX user interface. But for right now, the new Rexlight 2.1 and Liteflux LF5 are also worthy of attention, depending on your needs.

Ashallian

Newly Enlightened
But I dont intend to buy a L2D premium just to get a R100 head for the L1D:duh2:

Have you tested the R80? How does it compare?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I'm not familiar with the light you mention, but have you considered an LRI Proton? It runs on a single AA cell and has more brightness modes than you'll know what to do with.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
JetBeam V2.0 has a brighter hotspot, but overall I'm not sure if it's brighter than the MTE, if at all. Will the MKII require a 14500 cell to achieve 100+lm on one cell? I'd go for the Fenix L1T Rebel :)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
^sorry but the $15 MTE Seoul puts out more light then the Civictor^

Simplicity, L1T V2.0
Modes, Jetbeam CL-E V2.0
More mode, Jetbeam MKII-R
Twistie, Jetbeam CL-E V1.2
Brightest(and most expensive), a L2D-Rebel 100 with a L1D body

I'd go for the L1T V2.0

Last edited:

Yenster

Newly Enlightened
get another mte ssc
it's pretty much the best value by far in my opinion.
i have the five mode, do yourself a favor and get the single mode.
it did great in the reviews by seth.

+1 on that. That MTE Seoul 42180 U-bin is pretty much the brightest (efficiency) available LED right now. And I really like mine...it's just simple and reliable. It's running at just over 1 watt, ~400ma, and is my favorite 1AA light...nicely boosted, good tint, and easy to operate.

RecycledElectron

Newly Enlightened
Buy 2 of the JetBeam CL-E v2's. 2 are in your price range. Your GF is going to confiscate one of them anyway. My wife loves hers. I like the size, weight, feel, scratch resistance, and low on mine. I have the MTE Seoul and the C3, the v2's the one in my pocket. It's not the brightest, but good enough.

Latest posts