Tactical tailcap for Fenix

Enlightened
I saw that Fenix has an optional tactical tailcap that will fit Lxx models. I really like what the L2T V2.0 RB80 has to offer but would like RB100 instead.
If I were to put the tactical tailcap onto the L2D RB100, would the momentary feature still work or would using that feature cycle through the functions?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Momentary will cycle through functions with the L2D. I've heard that some L1/2T V2.0 have Rebel 100 LEDs in them.

dantecubit

Newly Enlightened
Which Fenix lights come with the tactical switch, and is the tac switch sold separately?

mchlwise

Enlightened
Which Fenix lights come with the tactical switch, and is the tac switch sold separately?

fenix-store.com selsl the tactical switch separately for about $12 bucks.

The momentary CAN cycle through the modes, if you press it, release it, and quickly press it again. If you release it and allow over a second, it will come back on in the same mode it was in when you released.

I actually really like the tactical cap. It takes a little getting used to, in order to press it enough for momentary without clicking it on. Too little pressure, and it's easy to "accidently" switch modes.

manoloco

Enlightened
I dont feel comfortable using the "tactical" tailcap on a xxD series, its good on the L1Tv2 i have, but to me its unreliable for switching modes in the digital ones.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the tailcap itself physically different on the momentary models (such as L2T), or are just the internals different? I would like to know if I could just switch the innards between the forward clickie and reverse clickie to swap them out.

mchlwise

Enlightened
Is the tailcap itself physically different on the momentary models (such as L2T), or are just the internals different? I would like to know if I could just switch the innards between the forward clickie and reverse clickie to swap them out.

You can just swap the innards.

They're also able to be swapped into a Pxx series cap.

I have a momentary P3D. :grin2:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast

L1Tv2rb80 and L2Tv2rb80. The tactical tailcap assembly is available for ~$12. Some models you have to take the mechanical switch out and swap into your tailcap.

Actually the reverse clickies will act as funky momentary switches (momentary off) if you always hold them off for more than some specific time (2 sec ?). Instead of switching to strobe they come back on in Turbo. Not really useful though.

Modern_Major_General

Newly Enlightened
I really liked the momentary switch... at first.

After only a little over a month of sporadic use, the switch has started to cause the light to flicker, and the tactile response of the switch is wearing out quickly and it appears to be on the brink of total failure. The longevity of the switch appears to be on the short side.

Latest posts