Mini Maglite size LED flashlight

Twitch

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a LED flashlight that's about the size of a Mini Maglite 2XAA and that runs on AAs.

What flashlight from dealextreme would you recommend me?

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a LED flashlight that's about the size of a Mini Maglite 2XAA and that runs on AAs.

To be completely honest I wouldn't suggest anything from Dealextreme or Kaidomain other than their cheap keylights for give aways. The majority of the lights they carry are cheap for a reason.
I suggest you pay a little more and get something that truely is nice. With the size light you are looking for the following lights would be a great choice:

Fenix L2D Rebel 100 / Fenix L2DCE
Fenix L2T Rebel 80 with momentary clickie

Both of these lights are nice in quality and have awesome features which are very different from each other. If you want a high tech light with all the bells and whistles pick up the L2D, and if you want a more straight forward light with just two stages the L2T is your best bet.

Last edited:

Twitch

Newly Enlightened
I found this
Ultrafire WF-606A 3W Cree Flashlight (2xAA/1xCR2)
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4238

I like the fact that it can convert into a smaller light. Also, it's pretty mucht the same size as a Mini Maglite

Anywhere I can find the output rating of these lights?

rhuck60

Newly Enlightened

My recommendation is for the Terralux Extreme TLE-5X drop-in for a standard Minimag. Especially if you already got a Minimag sitting around.I think you can get it from DX.

KingGlamis

Banned
To be completely honest I wouldn't suggest anything from Dealextreme or Kaidomain other than their cheap keylights for give aways. The majority of the lights they carry are cheap for a reason.

I disagree. I use my "cheap" $20 Superfire WF-501D every day, to the point that I have to recharge the batteries almost every day, and it has been flawless. No problems at all.

While I do agree buying the cheap Chinese lights is a bit of a risk, so is buying a quality light. I've read plenty of issues that people have had with the big name lights.

FASTCAR

Banned
As far as D.X. :

You get what you pay for.

Was crossing the country racing last year.Stopped in a quaint VERY high end food place.Was in the Penn hills area.
Saw a 5footx5foot sign on the wall that said:

"Cheap things aint good...good things aint cheap..your getting bopped" The Management

Got my Sub with all imported meat/cheese and 1 canolli and it cost 18 bucks !!!!
It was for sure the best of either that I ever had..by far.

Last edited:

Grun

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone comment on the reliability and impact resistance of other DealExtreme lights? I had an Ultrafire, dropped it three times from 3 foot height onto cement, and now it no longer works. The Ultrafire was $20. I also had a Fenix L2D CE that was dropped from the same height about 4 times dropped, and it still works! :faint:

It was the Ultrafire C3: 2XAA
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4452

Otherwise, the intensity was very similar to the Fenix L2D CE, and the beam pattern as well.

You may want a look at the Hugsby:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3184

KingGlamis

Banned
Can anyone comment on the reliability and impact resistance of other DealExtreme lights? I had an Ultrafire, dropped it three times from 3 foot height onto cement, and now it no longer works. The Ultrafire was $20. I also had a Fenix L2D CE that was dropped from the same height about 4 times dropped, and it still works! :faint:

It was the Ultrafire C3: 2XAA
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4452

Otherwise, the intensity was very similar to the Fenix L2D CE, and the beam pattern as well.

You may want a look at the Hugsby:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3184

It's advisable not to drop any light. :D

meuge

Enlightened

I can only recommend the single-mode lights from DX, such as the 1xSSC and 1xRebel100.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've really had a good experience with the cree 1xaa enhanced single mode light (dunno the sku) from the DX. Great balance of runtime and brightness from 1 AA with a nice spot flood. Glass lens and metal reflector with a soild clicky.

Khaytsus

Enlightened
As far as D.X. :

You get what you pay for.

Was crossing the country racing last year.Stopped in a quaint VERY high end food place.Was in the Penn hills area.
Saw a 5footx5foot sign on the wall that said:

"Cheap things aint good...good things aint cheap..your getting bopped" The Management

Got my Sub with all imported meat/cheese and 1 canolli and it cost 18 bucks !!!!
It was for sure the best of either that I ever had..by far.

The less I read your posts, the more everything else makes sense. :thinking:

Twitch

Newly Enlightened
So finally received my Ultrafire Cree C3 and WF-602D Cree HA-III.

sku_4452_1.jpg

The Ultrafire is much smaller than I imagined, especially without the extension tube(2AA), very birght light for the size. I encountered a problem the the 2AA extension tube. One you use it with 2 AA batteries, the light won't work. Later found that the extension tube wasn't in contact with the ground of the switch when screwed in. So I unscrewed the switch by 1/2 turn so that the extension tube makes contact with the switches ground and everything is good!:D The only regret I have is that 2 days after my Ultrafire C3 was shipped, dealextreme came out with a 5-Mode Ultrafire C3 for 20cents more:(

sku_3379_4.jpg

Now onto the WF-602D HA-III, man this thing is tiny and crazy bright. Almost 2 to 3 times brighter than the Ultrafire C3, blinded myself the first time I turned it on :p The only thing I don't like about it is it's a bit bulky to put it in your pocket, that's why I ordered the WF-602C SSC, same lenght but much smaller diameter (0.5" instead of 0.8")

Quick question about the WF-602C SSC, is there a difference in birghtness running on AAA or 10440 batteries? Or is it regulated(like the Ultrafire C3)?