My incan mishap... a big mess inside!

Arkayne

Enlightened
I was pulling coax for a new cable tv install in one of the rooms yesterday morning. This involved me going into the attic full of creepy crawlies and blown cellulose insulation. It is just a mess up there.

Anyway, I climb up through the access panel and have to clamber my way about 40 feet to the other end to find the cable feed. I felt like using my modded M@g 2C so I brought it with me for photon duty. I made it to the end of the house, made the cable connection, and headed back to the access panel. I fumble, drop the light, and ZAP goes bulb. Great, it's pitch black and I don't have a light. Long story short, I make it halfway until I slip and my leg pops a hole through the ceiling followed by my waist. What a comical sight that must have been from an observers standpoint. A leg flailing in the air through the ceiling.

What a mess! The insulation was EVERYWHERE! My lesson? Bring a spare light next time because spares aren't just for caving. Attics can be dangerous! :)

.... then, the wife came home...

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
ROFLOL!!!!!

Man you you should haver spend more time here, so you would know that ONE light is NONE! and TWO lights is ONE! ;) you had to learn it the hard way, but the upside is, you WONT bring only one light anymore! Always fun to laugh to others mishabs... and sometimes your own! Hope you didnt hurt yourself! Be well!

KingGlamis

Banned
Bummer! But at least you learned a lesson. I have two or three lights on me at all times and for jobs like that I usually have four.

Four may be overkill, but what happens when one light stops working, you pull out that second light and drop it into the insulation before you get it turned on... you get the point.

Even a keychain light can be a real help in situations like that.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Reading your story, i was not laughing.

I can feel your pain.

Hate to think that all this misfortune
was caused by a dead flashlight. :candle:

Should be a lesson (or a reminder) for ALL of us . . . .

Always have a spare flashlight.

:ohgeez:

_

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you were not seriously hurt. Drywall can be repaired but your body not so easy.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
I was pulling coax for a new cable tv install in one of the rooms yesterday morning. This involved me going into the attic full of creepy crawlies and blown cellulose insulation. It is just a mess up there.

Anyway, I climb up through the access panel and have to clamber my way about 40 feet to the other end to find the cable feed. I felt like using my modded M@g 2C so I brought it with me for photon duty. I made it to the end of the house, made the cable connection, and headed back to the access panel. I fumble, drop the light, and ZAP goes bulb. Great, it's pitch black and I don't have a light. Long story short, I make it halfway until I slip and my leg pops a hole through the ceiling followed by my waist. What a comical sight that must have been from an observers standpoint. A leg flailing in the air through the ceiling.

What a mess! The insulation was EVERYWHERE! My lesson? Bring a spare light next time because spares aren't just for caving. Attics can be dangerous! :)

.... then, the wife came home...

The lesson here is to not use a flashlight based on hundred year old technology... :crackup:
GlockBoy has it right.

Arkayne

Enlightened
I need to invest in a few headlamps. I'll need both hands free the next time I go monkeying around in the rafters.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Ironic . . . .

Last night, i accidently dropped my beloved Inova X1 (generation 2.0)
onto a hardwood floor. From a distance of less than 1 meter.

Sad to report: "It's dead, Jim".

:mecry:

So it's not just "hundred-year-old technology" which can fail.

_

Arkayne

Enlightened
Damn, I should have taken a pic or two. Maybe I was just ashamed to take pics. lol Anyway, here is a pic of a ceiling hole I found on the web very SIMILAR to mine.

rauls_fine_work.jpg

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night, i accidently dropped my beloved Inova X1 (generation 2.0)
onto a hardwood floor. From a distance of less than 1 meter.
Sad to report: "It's dead, Jim".
So it's not just "hundred-year-old technology" which can fail.
You sure it's not just a contact? Have you tried connecting the head straight to a suitable power supply?

Burgess

Flashaholic
Nope --

It's something internal that went :poof:.

Sent an e-mail to Inova, asking them what to do next.

They replied with an automated e-mai response,
which said that they'd try to get back to me within the next 3 days. :shakehead

All i really wanna' know is:

-- Do i need an RMA number ?

-- Or do i simply mail it back to them ?

Does that really take 3 days ?

"Your call is important to us."

"Just not important enough to answer."

:scowl:

And i want it *repaired*, not simply replaced with a "new" model !

:whistle:
_