Flashlight Enthusiast
Alarm clock
Cellphone
Vehicle alarm/back up beeper
Microwave
Computer
Smoke detector(when wife is "cooking")
Landline telephone

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I think that's it. Sure feels like too many.

PW- I don't know how you deal with two cellphones. I despise the electronic leash and look forward to being able to change the number and leave it OFF until I need it.

:buddies:

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
mobile phone
egg timer
construction workers machine outside (its been a few years they have been at it now..)
sometimes I get *BEEP* when I get upset...
windows sometimes beep at me!
cordless home phones

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I stand in my kitchen there are just way too many things that beep in there for me to know what's up. And things like an oven beeps to let me know it's at temp and also if something's done. It's the same beep for both even though one is for just "Hey, just want to let you know I'm ready for work" and the other is for "Hey get over here or things will burn!". Also I have 2 ovens but both sets of beeps are the same, so that setup alone is totally uninformative when things are really going on. It's that part (uncoordinated design) that's what really bugs me about all the beeps.

In the kitchen alone, there's like 10 or so...
my cell phone if there's a message or the battery is low
the house phone if there's a message or the battery is low
the microwave
the ovens
the dishwashers
(I turned off the fridge door warning beeper)
fire alarm/smoke alarm
chime from ADT alarm system someone opens the outside door (I turned that off lately too)
the many, many toys belonging to my 3 little boys that have many many beeps of their own.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The only things I can think of right off the bat are:

This computer
My lab computer
My laptop computer
My Rainbow Big Digit alarm clock (Sharper Image)
My LED Message Clock
My travel alarm clock (Skyscan brand)
My digital camera and the photoflash unit I use with it
My cellular telephone if somebody has left me a message
The microwave oven
The "horn" on my electric wheelchair
The smoke alarms in this apartment
Several products I have evaluated over the years also emit beeping noises under certain circumstances

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
PW- I don't know how you deal with two cellphones. I despise the electronic leash and look forward to being able to change the number and leave it OFF until I need it.

:buddies:

I hear you, Diesel. It does feel like a leash at times. I have to keep my work calls and personal calls on separate phones from separate carriers, so I can't even do the 2nd-number thing on a single phone.

I see that I'm not alone. Binky, you said it well with uncoordinated design. Too many things in day to day life that make the same kind of hard-to-locate 2khz beep.

I used to carry a pager (remember the eighties?) and it had the exact same piezo beeper as the french fry machines at McDonald's. Whenever I was standing in line at McD's and the french fry machine beeped, I'd jump and reach for my pager! :eek:

Last edited:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
No steenkin' cell, leaves alarm clock, truck, and home/work computers. I have a new Garmin Nuvi 650, but I don't think it has "beeped" at me yet. (I have told the B**** to stfu a couple times. :D )

Larry

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
On an evaluation I did for an R/C airplane not long ago, the following text can be found:

"I might be willing to sell this airplane to somebody who really wants it and to somebody who also has the capability to get into their car in order to hunt it down and kill it...er...uh...hunt it down and retrieve it if it flies beyond the range of the remote control. ;)"