Cree and a QIII ??

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I have a spare Cree star and think I am going to try it in my old QIII. I have tried to use it in other host lights however thus far all the reflectors I have tried are crap with this emitter. I saw a thread however cant find it where someone modded a QIII with a cree.

Can anyone tell me what modifications are needed to use the QIII reflector with this Cree emitter? From what I can find on a search the reflector simply needs to sit lower on the emitter. Is it just as easy as opening the reflector opening to sit a little lower? I really like my QIII and would hate to mess up this reflector for nothing.....thanks for any help.

Robocop

Also the QIII reflector is metal and I am curious if the reflector touching the Cree base will mess it up.....I remember reading something about the Cree housing shorting out unless isolated with some kaplan tape or something like it.

Robocop

DatiLed thanks for the links and the first one was exactly what I needed. For some reason a multi-word search was not working for me at all.

I will try this mod later tonight and thanks again for the information.