Dr. tries to steal my L0P

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife had knee replacement surgery today and the doctor came in just before I left at 9PM to check it. The light in the room was pretty dim actually, only one set of lights seemed to be working so I took out my L0P and let him use it. When he was done he slipped it in his coat pocket, till I reminded him about it. He said "Oh, yeah, well can't blame a guy for trying. Never seen anything that small and so bright." Then he had me write down the name of it and where to pick one up.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think we will have another new member soon.

I wounder what he would say if you had a L0D-CE with a 10440 battery...:faint:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife had knee replacement surgery today and the doctor came in just before I left at 9PM to check it. The light in the room was pretty dim actually, only one set of lights seemed to be working so I took out my L0P and let him use it. When he was done he slipped it in his coat pocket, till I reminded him about it. He said "Oh, yeah, well can't blame a guy for trying. Never seen anything that small and so bright." Then he had me write down the name of it and where to pick one up.

Time to make a new friend. Doesn't hurt to get some friendly PHD advice when needed.:whistle:

Dr.K

Enlightened
Dr.'s are people too, and flashaholics, and not flashaholics. I was doing a rotation at the cancer floor at LSU Shreveport, and one of the attending physicians batts died. I whipped out my garrity keychain light, and he said the color (of the led) was wrong. He didn't even try for a peek down this womans throat. I was baffled that he wouldn't even try, but I didn't want to argue. He was a strange cat anyway. Oh, well.:whistle:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Color rendition is import for some doctors, and why the expensive doctor's penlights use some special bulb.

Dr.K

Enlightened
Color rendition is import for some doctors, and why the expensive doctor's penlights use some special bulb.

Yeah, I am aware of the color rendition, but I still would have taken a peek. What if there was something in there that could have been seen?

The OP just made me think of that, thats all.:)

Secur1

Enlightened
Dr.'s are people too, and flashaholics, and not flashaholics. I was doing a rotation at the cancer floor at LSU Shreveport, and one of the attending physicians batts died. I whipped out my garrity keychain light, and he said the color (of the led) was wrong. He didn't even try for a peek down this womans throat. I was baffled that he wouldn't even try, but I didn't want to argue. He was a strange cat anyway. Oh, well.:whistle:

Both color rendition and light intensity are important for Dr's, i found that the hard way when the 1xAAA Aunoc i bought for my gf turned out to be too bluish and too bright even at 0.5watt.
If the light is too bright they can miss something important, same as if the color rendition is not as close to natural light as possible, they are looking for tissue discoloration and a blue tinted light or even a too white one don't make things easy....