Rubber grip ring?

Wassernaut

Newly Enlightened
What are those things for anyway? Is it just to be able to adjust the grip to fit your hand snugly?

Bushman5

Enlightened
from my understanding its to allow easy grip of the light with two fingers, so you can thumb the tail clicky (while shooting with a firearm in the other hand)(Rogers/Surefire technique i do believe, feel free to correct me)

Last edited:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
from my understanding its to allow easy grip of the light with two fingers, so you can thumb the tail clicky (while shooting with a firearm in the other hand)(Rogers/Surefire technique i do believe, feel free to correct me)

You've got it. Rodgers/Surefire involves the light being held between two fingers in one hand with the base of the thumb on the swich so all you have to do is squeeze and the light comes on. The rest of the light hand can be used to stabilize the weapon hand. The grip rings are nice for normal use as well.

Wolfhound 9K

Newly Enlightened
perhaps something along these lines? http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1700

I thought Section 8 used to manufacture a simple rubber grip ring add on... hmm, or maybe I just saw it somewhere else. But the rubber ring really only helps you when your light also has a step-down body that comfortable fits between your index and middle fingers like a syringe for a two-handed Rogers/SureFire combat pistol light grip.

Bushman5

Enlightened
i found a great and FREE solution to this:

i used the blue "semi flexible "O" gasket from a flexible conduit termination...i warmed it hot water and slipped it onto my WE Defender tailcap ...its a perfect tight fit and works great n the tailcap..

pics when i get a damn camera.... this photo is a catalog pic of the end fitting: the blue "O" gasket is under the threaded cap.

http://www.china-dsl.com/images/products/2006411131959.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GregWormald

Enlightened
How about a couple of O-rings? You could use really thick ones for a tight grip. Using two stops the ring(s) from rolling down the body.
I use two on my HDS EDC and on my Fenix P2D.
Greg

Size15's

Flashaholic
Do you have a CombatLight already, and need another spacer ring, or grip ring (perhaps it has been damaged?)
If so, I suggest you contact SureFire and ask them.

Note that the SureFire CombatGrip (patented) concept is based on the section of the body on which the Grip ring and spacers locate being smaller diameter than the rest of the body - this results in far better ergonomics (natural grip, more comfortable etc) as well as a useful means of retaining the grip ring and spacer rings on the body.

Al

cfromc

Enlightened
I needed a whole set for an M3, including the big ring and the 2 small spacers. I got them straight from Surefire, although it did take about a week. I think the MSRP prices were about $2 each for the spacers and maybe a little more for the big ring (plus shipping).

Bushman5

Enlightened
^ i did'nt see those on the Surefire website, i'll drop em a line and sask! thanks.

i'm quite happy with the setup i made last night, using the blue semi flexible gasket from a watertite conduit fitting, it works great and was free...:D

Size15's

Flashaholic
^ i did'nt see those on the Surefire website, i'll drop em a line and sask! thanks.
SureFire has but a fraction of it's products on it's .com website.
Most of the spare/replacement parts are discovered by either calling SureFire, or through a dedicated SureFire Dealer who knows how to support users of SureFire products.

Al

P.S.
Also shouldn't discount internet forums such as CPF as there are some extremely experienced SureFire users floating around.