Wolf Eyes

heztai

Newly Enlightened
Do any of you guys have the beam shots for Wolf Eyes Defender or Sniper? I was told this is a great light for law enforcement? Who knows when the Q5 version of this light will come out?

Thanks!

heztai

Newly Enlightened
So when is the Q5 version coming out? As well as which one of those 2 is better??

edc3

Enlightened
Here are some backyard beamshots. I couldn't find my tripod mount, so the photos aren't great, but I hope they'll be helpful. They are taken at a distance of about 12 feet. I'm running both lights on LifePo4 R123.

First is an LM303 on high for comparison:

Then the Sniper with HO Cree:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know the defender and sniper are identical in pretty much every way except you pay a bit more for pokey things on the bezel of the defender.

Since this is in the LED forum and you mention a Q5, do you mean beamshots of them with a cree dropin or the stock incan? The cree dropin seems to have a decently tight spot for plenty of throw and okay sidespill. I have no beamshots that I can post unfortunately.

heztai

Newly Enlightened
I thought both of these lights are LED cree?? Am I wrong? I heard that they have a Q5 version soon in the future, so just wondering if anybody else heard about it or know when it's coming out...

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought both of these lights are LED cree?? Am I wrong? I heard that they have a Q5 version soon in the future, so just wondering if anybody else heard about it or know when it's coming out...

The Sniper is an incan light but can be fitted with any of the D26 size LED drop-ins, the original WE has a Cree HO 170 lumen available. LED's are coming out with Q2 and Q5 versions in various brands. No doubt that WE will have one of these as well. The Defender II has an extra spring inside the body on the bezel end for use with the Cree two output lamp. By twisting the bezel you have a choice of maximum or low.

KeeperSD

Enlightened
Here is some other shots with the original Cree HO with a few other lights for comparison.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/165790

Here is a outdoor snap to give you some idea

Defender-High.jpg

BTW why the "sigh" emoticon in the title?

lightfire

Newly Enlightened
So when is the Q5 version coming out? As well as which one of those 2 is better??

The Q2's just started shipping, I think last week. I just received a WE MHX Explorer with Q2. Nice light - built like a tank. This has the "turbo" bezel which claims extra throw - however it does not have a smooth reflector, so the throw is nowhere near a light like the Tiablo A9. However, it has an incredibly smooth beam. I like this light and really doubt that the Q5 would be THAT much better but one can always upgrade . I haven't seen the model you are looking at so don't know how it compares.

FASTCAR

Banned
I own and use both of those Wolf Eyes lights.Love them.

I will review the new Wolf Eyes "GUIDER" in a day or 2 ( Review area)

This light is made for LEO and military use.

Feel free to Email me with any questions on lights for LEO.

I have tested 100+

[email protected]

:thumbsup: