Anyone disassemble their Inova Bolt?

Inferno

Newly Enlightened
Hey there, just got an Inova Bolt, the 2x123 model... I have an old XO3 that I'm very happy with (I love the TIROS, and yes, I have other "normal" reflector lights) and I know how to get that open, but has anyone popped open their Bolt? It looks like the head can come off, but I can't do it by hand so far...

Much Mahalo (thanks!) in advance!

Marduke

Flashaholic
I would imagine the freeze and pop method would work on the bolt's, same as on the x-series. :shrug:

Inferno

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, but the XO & T series have that threaded ring that needs to be removed first... this one is aluminum.

cbubu

Newly Enlightened
I own an Inova Bolt 2C but even if I think it is the previous generation than yours, be careful, I just broke part of head and the body: the head and the body was glued. At this time, even opened I don't see how I could have opened it without damage.
Sorry, Regards,

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, but the XO & T series have that threaded ring that needs to be removed first... this one is aluminum.
"threaded ring" :thinking:
I had noting like this in the old and new T1 I freeze-popped recently. What do You mean?

From the pics I would say: same as T model, that round metal thing is pressed in, like with the them

PS: (the new one ended with a broken circuit and the old one (tiros) with a broken K2 after preeze-pop. I did not want to use these parts, but dont count on being able to use them again)

Inferno

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, my old TIROS XO3 has a threaded steel bezel protector; the Bolt appears to have a very faint line of dried red stuff around the base of the ring, so it appears that it is glued as well... I would just like to put a Rebel or Cree in there for more output...

On a side note, are there any R 123's that can be safely used in this light?