Looking to buy a Surefire... have a few questions.

xtan1x

Newly Enlightened
So i'm looking to buy a 2 cell Surefire. I want it to accept the P61. So I have narrowed the choices down to three: 6P, Centurion, or D2 Defender.

What are the differences between the three lights? And im wondering if the P61 will fit the D2 light.

Thanks.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, P61 is only for M3... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Oh, I mean yes it will fit D2.

GeoffChan

Enlightened
the P61 will fit in all three lights.

6P = standard 6v light
D2 = 6P with belt clip
C2 = Combat grip and belt clip.

I'm not sure if you wanted the M2 centurion or the C2 centurion.

Hope that helps

Geoff

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
6P is black and does not have a clip.
The D2 is a 6P with a clip (I do not know if it is available in HA III finish as well).
The M2 has a larger bezel which is also shock isolated. It is available in HAIII although you can purchase the bezel in black as well.

Cheers.

xtan1x

Newly Enlightened
Sorry guys i meant C2 Centurion, btw i am also thinking about a 3 cell one too, which one is better?

SurefireM6

Enlightened
The C2 comes with Pyrex lens.

There are little differences so it's your preference to what you want. Do you want a clip? If your running the P61 HOLA, you'll want Pyrex. You can get Pyrex for the D2 and 6p but it's another $25.

MicroE

Enlightened
The differences between a 3-cell SF and 2-cell are significant. The lamps go from the P60 (P61 HOLA) to P90 (P91 HOLA). The 60/61 aren't interchangeable with the 90/91 because of the voltage difference.

P60 and P61 = 6 Volts
P90 and P91 = 9 Volts.

The 3-cells have almost 50% more electrical power and produce much more light. They are also more expensive to buy and operate. They eat batteries 3 at a time instead of 2 at a time. I have a Z3 and its a nice light, but I use the 2-cell lights much more because they are are shorter (by about 1-1/2 inches) and are therefore easier to carry around in a pocket. If you want a lot of light I would go with a 2-cell and get the HOLA. This will give you a lot of light but it will only last 20 minutes on a set of new batteries.---Marc

P.S.--HOLA = High Output Lamp Assembly = more light = shorter battery life.

xtan1x

Newly Enlightened
i'll probably get the C2 Centurion then, since it comes with the pyrex lens. Thanks Guys!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
C2 in ha, awesome finish. you could save some cash and get the G2 or a pelican M6. dan just got some in, looks good and cheap.

Monsters_Inc

Banned
I would get a defender. They're obsolete now, so while the C2 may be available from any place next month or next year, the D2 would be strictly dealer stock only. Once they're gone, they're gone!

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Looking to buy a Surefire... have a few questi

I have the C2 and love it. the clip is great and the hard anodize is good and tough, and it's still small enough to be a EDC, great light for home defense with a firearm too, if you're packin'. I bought a few G2's to put in backpacks and drawers and it's nice to be able to use the same lamp assemblies in all of them.

Have fun with the new light!
Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened

Well with the C2, you can add the M2 bezel for $25 and have an M2!

the G2 is very cheap now, $30 and for about $14 you can get the Pyrex G2 bezel.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
SurefireM6 said:
Well with the C2, you can add the M2 bezel for $25 and have an M2!

the G2 is very cheap now, $30 and for about $14 you can get the Pyrex G2 bezel.

[/ QUOTE ]
do you mean G2 Z bezel?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

C2 without a doubt.....the C2 is now my favourite surefire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif if you decide you wanted an M2 later, simply add an M2 bezel.

xtan1x

Newly Enlightened
Jeebus! Now i see why you guys have so many lights! I was thinking about getting a C2 + P61 + M2 Bezel, now i'm up to C2+P61, D2 w/P60, 9P + P91, G2 + G2Z bezel.

And so the addiction begins... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif