BEST THROW FOR UNDER $50

flashburn72

Newly Enlightened
So i read alot of people saying that certain lights are throw monsters. that seems to be a term that is used alot on this forum. So what led light has the best throw for under fifty bucks. Maybe not which one throws farthest but which has the best spot at a distance. just for comparesine I have a power on board hid, a rop, g-n-p 180l 12v, rov 4w x-lamp. I was looking at the wf-600 also to buy but is it really a throw monster? also I read a review of the lowes task force x lamp 2c. read that it was a throw monster. but is it really?
So if anybody can maybe help me out with this term I would be very thankful.
Also if anybody can help me pick my next led light (throw monster) that would be great. Thanks in advance.

maxilux

Enlightened
When you will have an incan , i would take an Pelican PM6.
When you will have LED, i would take the Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Luxeon.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I was looking at the wf-600 also to buy but is it really a throw monster?
Yes, it is. See below for a comparison review of the DX Projection Cree (identical to WF-600) against the Lumapower MRV and Tiablo A8:
MRV-Q5 vs DX Cree Projection vs stock MRV/Tiablo A8: RUNTIMES and detailed pics!

As you'll see, the Projection Cree (aka WF-600) exactly matches the output and runtime of a Q2-equipped MRV. It's probably the best thrower you can buy for $30.

The Streamlight Propolymer lux is a great light (runs on 4xAA), but is not as bright as the above.