DX Cree 1-mode sku1892 measurements!

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well with just a little over 1.4v in the CVS brand AA alkaline, I measures .67 amps running from the battery to the LED (with DMM in place of tailcap).

This sounds rather high to me, as the tailcap measured out at under 1 ohm! I could be wrong, I suppose, since I am new to all this light stuff; perhaps somebody could shead some light on this (no pun intended!)?

sysadmn

Enlightened
Between keyboard and chair, in the US Midwest.
Do you mean from the battery to the convertor (sounds like it, if the DMM is replacing the tailcap)?

If so, you have 1.4V * 2/3A or about .93 W going in; if the convertor runs 80% efficient, you have ~.75W out. At +3V, it's only .25A (250 ma). I don't think it's that unreasonable.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah I forgot bout the converter. Like I said, I'm still fairly new to all this tech side of lights, so I'm trying to figure stuff out still.

So lithium batts should be safe for this light and in fact probably an improvement. I wonder if I can get an extension; have to look around DX!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Lithium batteries as in the 3.7v 14500 rechargeable or the 1.7v AA batteries? The 14500 battery will probably burn out the regulator and the Lithium AA will just give you more runtime, not much more light.

The regualtor usually only puts out up to a certain amount of power.