If Son Of RAW is RAW Ns what is WEE?

ca pow

Newly Enlightened
Should I, shouldn't I, get the WEE? I have the RAW Ns, but truly love all things small, but the RAW Ns is so complete, could the smaller (half size/wt/lumen/runtime) WEE be worth the sacrifice of a 2 stage (10 hour low, 25 min high) 160 lumen? I just can't imagine the savings of a 20 grams being worth the life saving capabilities of Son Of RAW: the 40 gram true giant EDC.

Dobbler

Enlightened
Wee = grandson toddler of RAW?

Wee is wearable and even the 1.5hr runtime of the 25lm module isn't enough to consider it for EDC primary. I carry a Fenix L0D-CE SE w/10440 and a lithium spare with the Wee 25lm as a backup.

Gatsby

Enlightened
It is a pretty cool light (the Wee) - silly small and imagine comparing that to a Photon or a Mag Solitaire to gauge how far we've come... :twothumbs

I often use a single stage light as my EDC - a Peak Pacific CR2 (LuxIII High Power version) - and it has a nice balance of usable brightness and runtime (3+ hours) in that configuration. I think I'd hesitate to have a really short runtime single stage EDC, but the reality as that for a keyring/wearable light you're not likely to use it to do a weekend repair job under the house or in the attic, or gauge damage in a storm. Heck I've been running the Peak for awhile now and realistically probably don't have more than .5 hours on it right now as I use it itermittently, a few seconds to a couple minutes at a time. I don't think I'd have the Wee as my only light - but if you have a longer runtime backup in your briefcase, pack, whatever, it sure would be nice to have that much light in a next to nothing package in your pocket or around your neck.

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the WEE is purchased most of time for the cool factor rather than a true EDC. It becomes a conversation piece as does the Raw NS. And for what it is is outstanding.