Anyone ever consider powder coating their lights?

EsthetiX

Enlightened
Im going to be getting some powder coating done on some things and I thought hey what the hell why not have my l2t 2.0 chromed or candy blue or something when I do the other parts. heh

What you guys think?

cat

Enlightened
Yes. I was looking at the fivemega Mag85's yesterday - and wanting one - but I want a tougher, more scratch-resistant coating than the Maglite anodized. But not chrome. I like the Surefire coating, of course. I was even wondering if I couldn't make some kind of rubber sheaths for it. Then again, I'm only used to powder-coating on bike frames - I don't know how scratch-resistant it would be on a flashlight lying around the car floor.

paulr

Flashaholic
The early CMG Infinities were powder coated and I have one and am not crazy about that finish. It just seems sort of crude compared with the hard ano finishes of the later versions.

Dr.K

Enlightened
No, but I did think about putting some "bed liner" on my rayovac 4 watt when it arrives. I heard that the rubber grip was a real crapper on these lights.

I did the same thing to the grip on one of my glock pistols and it seems OK.

Any one else tried this?

scottaw

Enlightened
I personally prefer HAIII to powder coating, but there was a guy selling powder coated mags in BST a few months ago, he just didn't have any colors that apealed to me.

Latest posts